Does it matter what uni you go to if you want to go into the finance sector?

Watch
coolviper
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I'm starting Year 12 and will study maths, economics and geography. I'm hoping to then study Economics or a business related degree at uni. I was wondering to get into the financial sector, does the uni that you attend have any affect on the ability to be able to get a respected job in this industry?
Monsur x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heyy my career plan is like urs without the economics bit and ur A level choices
I’m going into yr 12 as well
Something business related.... finance jobs u earn lots of money so I wanna work and study finance but I don’t even know wat it’s like? Haven’t done finance before
coolviper
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sannah 21)
Heyy my career plan is like urs without the economics bit and ur A level choices
I’m going into yr 12 as well
Something business related.... finance jobs u earn lots of money so I wanna work and study finance but I don’t even know wat it’s like? Haven’t done finance before
Hiii, I’ve not done anything finance related as of yet so looks like we’re in the same boat lol. I just don’t want to go to a certain uni to find out that I should have gone to a more respected and well-recognised uni to stand a better chance at getting a competitive job within the sector.
Moments
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For the very top jobs in Central/East London. Yes a little.

For the thousands of other finance roles that are not as competitive, no.
Monsur x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by coolviper)
Hiii, I’ve not done anything finance related as of yet so looks like we’re in the same boat lol. I just don’t want to go to a certain uni to find out that I should have gone to a more respected and well-recognised uni to stand a better chance at getting a competitive job within the sector.
Yh I get u
I’ve been searching like this past week of uni’s and courses 😌
Idk if these r the best but
City of London uni it has a CASS business School
LSE?
See league tables 2020 and option finance business or economics
Last edited by Monsur x; 1 year ago
coolviper
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moments)
For the very top jobs in Central/East London. Yes a little.

For the thousands of other finance roles that are not as competitive, no.
Ok thank you
coolviper
Rep:
?
Yh I get u
I’ve been searching like this past week of uni’s and courses 😌
Idk if these r the best but
City of London uni it has a CASS business School
LSE?
See league tables 2020 and option finance business or economics
Yeah I was looking online for the rankings of the unis for specific courses. And I’ll have a look at that city of London uni, thanks for the recommendation. I just hope I’m capable of being able to achieve the grades that are required to get into the top universities!
Monsur x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I was looking online for the rankings of the unis for specific courses. And I’ll have a look at that city of London uni, thanks for the recommendation. I just hope I’m capable of being able to achieve the grades that are required to get into the top universities!
Hopefully!!!! Just revise hard for a levels!!! Watch like YouTube videos now of experience if ppl with these subjects and how they got A*’s etc...
I’m guessing...
coolviper
Rep:
?
Hopefully!!!! Just revise hard for a levels!!! Watch like YouTube videos now of experience if ppl with these subjects and how they got A*’s etc...
I’m guessing...
I’m willing to put the work in, hopefully keeping for the motivation that I had for GCSEs aha and I’m starting at a new college so tbh I can’t wait for a change of surroundings but I hope it’s the right decision!
Monsur x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m willing to put the work in, hopefully keeping for the motivation that I had for GCSEs aha and I’m starting at a new college so tbh I can’t wait for a change of surroundings but I hope it’s the right decision!
I’m sure it is and enjoy!!!!
Good luck for the next two years!
Monsur x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Kings College!
coolviper
Rep:
?
I’m sure it is and enjoy!!!!
Good luck for the next two years!
And you!! Hope you’re successful in what u wanna do
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
KCL, Warwick and St Andrews have some of the best business schools in the UK so try for them
coolviper
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
KCL, Warwick and St Andrews have some of the best business schools in the UK so try for them
Ok tyyy, I’ll have a look at them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (54)
28.42%
No (136)
71.58%

Watched Threads