isaac9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ve failed Biology and just about passed Chemistry and Maths. I really hated A levels and I was looking forward to going uni. It had a big toll on my mental health and it messed me up. I received my offer but I’ve realised it’s a foundation year- not something I’m very fond of doing since you have to pay for an extra year. I feel like I’ve picked the wrong subjects for my A levels. Do you think I should do an intensive course in two different A levels (to replace chem and bio)? Then perhaps I could pick a course that would be more fitting for me. It’s been very stressful, it almost seems like I’ll never be free of failure. I’ve worked incredibly hard, but the effort isn’t matching up with my grade and I’ve literally tried everything. I do enjoy subjects like English and Geography (received an A in both) but I didn’t pick subjects like that because there aren’t good paying jobs with. It’s a common issue with a lot of students these days, I’m disappointed in myself for falling for this trap. Any help would be appreciated.
Sm9988
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Switching two subjects could be very risky.

Switching one subject would be much easier.Whatever you dislike the most you could swap?
isaac9
Rep:
?
I guess it’d have to be Biology since I failed it then. Okay so I’d end up with three A levels. What courses would you recommend that are good paying. I was thinking of doing a business degree or go into accounting, so perhaps swap Biology out for Business.
Sm9988
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Business would be a good a level to do because it isn’t that’s difficult.

It doesn’t matter too much what degree you do to be honest as you can do conversion degrees.(unless your doing something specific like medicine or dentistry)

For example you could become a lawyer from a history degree if you do a conversion course.

It’s about what you enjoy and what you have a passion for because then you will work harder.

High paying jobs could be a lawyer or an accountant but it doesn’t matter what degree you do for them as long as it’s respected and you have a decent grade in it.
isaac9
Rep:
?
This is very reassuring to hear, thank you.

I’ll have to look into it and see what I really enjoy. It’s always been difficult settling down for one thing especially when you’ll be doing it for the rest of your life. I wish I never wasted two years doing subjects I couldn’t handle. But I’ve learnt from my mistake
Sm9988
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by isaac9)
This is very reassuring to hear, thank you.

I’ll have to look into it and see what I really enjoy. It’s always been difficult settling down for one thing especially when you’ll be doing it for the rest of your life. I wish I never wasted two years doing subjects I couldn’t handle. But I’ve learnt from my mistake
No problem.

It’s always best to move on and learn from your mistakes
isaac9
Rep:
?
Oh just another enquiry-
Is it better to do economics rather than business?
Sm9988
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by isaac9)
Oh just another enquiry-
Is it better to do economics rather than business?
At a level ??

Business is probably easier than economics to study.
isaac9
Rep:
?
Okay so there’s been a quick change of plan.
My options are either- complete a biomedical foundation 2 year course and if I reach above 50% in the second year I’ll get into the third year of the Bsc biomedical science degree at university with a Bsc degree (IBMS accredited).

OR I complete a 3 year course in ACCA where I’ll become an accountant at the end of three years. I’ll have to fund it myself as there obviously isn’t any student finance.

I know these are two very different career options but I want a good paying job and I’m still interested in biomedical science. I just don’t want to be limited with my choices by the end of the degree. Any help is appreciated!
isaac9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.82%
No (128)
35.75%

Watched Threads