Jim1102
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Mixed raced black carribean here, is there a lot of black / mixed race (black) people in Manchester, moving there in a month for uni and hoping there will be, bare annoying feeling like the only ‘black person’ in Lancashire 🤣
Last edited by Jim1102; 3 weeks ago
RoadtoSuccess
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jim1102)
Mixed raced black carribean here, is there a lot of black / mixed race people in Manchester, moving there in a month for uni and hoping there will be, bare annoying feeling like the only ‘black person’ in Lancashire 🤣
I will clarify something for you me being the only ‘Indian’ guy at my school and at sixth form it’s not that bad be proud of who you are. I plan to go to university in 2 years time and I have already been to one of open evenings and did notice there was not a single Indian in sight. However I am sure that there may have been but not visible to me. But I can guarantee you, you will find mixed races at the top universities e.g. University of Manchester. So do not worry
officialmay
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m sure uni will be more diverse, as there will be international students as well. Good luck.
Jim1102
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
I will clarify something for you me being the only ‘Indian’ guy at my school and at sixth form it’s not that bad be proud of who you are. I plan to go to university in 2 years time and I have already been to one of open evenings and did notice there was not a single Indian in sight. However I am sure that there may have been but not visible to me. But I can guarantee you, you will find mixed races at the top universities e.g. University of Manchester. So do not worry
I was specifically speaking mixed race( black) and there is plenty of Indian people in Manchester, and south Asians in general I think
RoadtoSuccess
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was specifically speaking mixed race( black) and there is plenty of Indian people in Manchester, and south Asians in general I think
I’m sure you’ll find someone
officialmay
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I suggest you check out the uni twitter Facebook or other social media pages and find fellow first year students starting in sept and from there you might see how many of the student are mixed/afro Caribbean
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
Mixed raced black carribean here, is there a lot of black / mixed race (black) people in Manchester, moving there in a month for uni and hoping there will be, bare annoying feeling like the only ‘black person’ in Lancashire 🤣
Manchester is very diverse. Plenty of every race there (and i am referring to the city as a whole). Also, there is a large student population in Manny aswell. It is very unlikely you will ever be the only one of your race in a university, as so many people move or commute from all over the place. I would say the only unis which are more likely to have a dominant race are ones such as oxford/Cambridge etc. When you attend your uni welcome week/fare just make sure to sign upto your ACS society.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I’m mixed Caribbean too. My suggestion is to join the UoM or MMU Afro-Caribbean WhatsApp group. Im in the UoM one for freshers and there’s 90+ people in it, it’s a nice way to meet other mixed/black freshers
Jim1102
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I’m mixed Caribbean too. My suggestion is to join the UoM or MMU Afro-Caribbean WhatsApp group. Im in the UoM one for freshers and there’s 90+ people in it, it’s a nice way to meet other mixed/black freshers
Thankyou 🙏🏾👊🏾
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (25)
6.61%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (218)
57.67%
No (135)
35.71%

Watched Threads