Can't choose A-level choice because of option block Watch

AlwaysEating
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm realy bummed out right now. I originally picked the choices 'Geography, Biology, Chemistry), I ended up scoring a 5 in Geography at GCSE so I decided to switch my options to English literature (in which I scored an 8), Biology, Chemistry. I was really motivated towards English Literature and was ready to study for it as I really enjoy it a lot.

I found out that I couldn't choose it due to the timetable, also it is too late to change subject.

I honestly don't know what to do.
officialmay
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I went through the same thing. I had to change one of the subjects sadly.

So since it’s too late to change what’s happened now? They’re not gonna leave you with a clash are they?
AlwaysEating
Rep:
?
I'm going to have to change to Geography, which is going to suck because I acted really cocky in the classes and came out with a 5.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AlwaysEating)
I'm going to have to change to Geography, which is going to suck because I acted really cocky in the classes and came out with a 5.
English Lit, Bio and Chem all clash? What terrible timetabling is that? What were your other GCSE grades and are you set on doing both Bio and Chem? Could you not do something else instead of Geo?
AlwaysEating
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
English Lit, Bio and Chem all clash? What terrible timetabling is that? What were your other GCSE grades and are you set on doing both Bio and Chem? Could you not do something else instead of Geo?
No, English Lit clashes with Chemistry. I am set on doing Biology and Chemistry as I managed to get 8's in both of them too. I got a 6 in Maths so obviously that isn't my strong point and I got a 8 in Physics (but I would never do that without maths.)

I find History very difficult, so I can't pick that. I was predicted grade 8 for Geography, but I got too confident and didn't revise as much as I should've and skipped the compulsary revision sessions and came out with a Grade 5.

The only option is to pick Geography, but I'll have to face the teachers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
8.82%
Disagree (5)
4.9%
Neither agree or disagree (32)
31.37%
Agree (40)
39.22%
Strongly Agree (16)
15.69%

Watched Threads

Latest