The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
One or two tricky bits in Mod 5 and made quite a few guesses in Mod 6. Overall ok I guess...
Reply 2
Pretty difficult papers, considering the fact that I didn't really get enough revision done.
Reply 3
yeah i got straight Bs from somethin like 21 - 26

I wasnt sure about the maxwell boltzman one on unit 6, i thought none of them were right :s
Reply 4
I got quite a few B's at one point, yeah
Reply 5
I think CHM 5 was ok, a few tricky bits. CHM6 was predictably horrible - i hate that paper!! Oh well! What's done is done!
Reply 6
I got loads of B's too - throughout the whole paper though, mostly in Question 20 onwards.

CHM5 was alright, although I put SO3 instead if SO2 in redox reaction and completely made up the test to distignuish FeCL3 and CuCL2... now I know what it is! lol

Emma
x
Reply 7
Couple of tricky ones in module 5 section B, but overall I thought both papers were pretty good.
CHM5 was fine apart from a few bits in part B, I left out 7a), stupid bit bout drawing shapes, I'd already convinced myself yesterday it wouldn't come up!
Reply 9
I forgot we had the gas constant on our data sheets.. ;x I used 3.81 instead of 8.31.. I feel stupid now. And for some reason I thought there was a question on partial pressures/gas equilibria but everyone told me there wasn't one, so I don't know wtf I did there. End of Question 9 on Mod 5 I think it was... or maybe Q6 lol. Oh well.

Like everyone else I got so many Bs on multi choice I thought I was doing it wrong. I went through and double checked them all just before the end and I still had an abundance of them.. Well, statistically I should get 25% just on pure chance so hopefully making educated guesses has boosted that.
Reply 10
emma_wemma
I got loads of B's too - throughout the whole paper though, mostly in Question 20 onwards.

CHM5 was alright, although I put SO3 instead if SO2 in redox reaction and completely made up the test to distignuish FeCL3 and CuCL2... now I know what it is! lol

Emma
x

What was it? lol
Reply 11
to distinguish between fecl3 and cucl2.... was it just add chlorine (or 4CL-) ... then [Fe(H20)6]2+ and [Cu(H2O)]2+ would take part in a ligand sub. reaction and so change colour - not sure about the colours- i put the copper one as blue and iron one as red :s ..
Reply 12
Ohhhh crap. i just put add Naoh and banged on about colours. Oh well. Technically it owuld distinguish them. nevermind.
Reply 13
Steve1234
to distinguish between fecl3 and cucl2.... was it just add chlorine (or 4CL-) ... then [Fe(H20)6]2+ and [Cu(H2O)]2+ would take part in a ligand sub. reaction and so change colour - not sure about the colours- i put the copper one as blue and iron one as red :s ..

I said add sodium carbonate. The chromium would give off a gas (CO2), the iron wouldn't.

It was CrCl3 and FeCl2 by the way, not copper (II) and iron (III). :P
Reply 14
I think there were a number of different answers that you could have put to distinguish between them.
Reply 15
well dunno... what i put might be wrong !... i'm not so sure it's right tbh now lol
I had a nightmare on section B of CHM5. Everything that I didnt want to come up, came up. Is it me or were there no periodicity questions? Not that I can remember anyway.
Reply 17
there were a couple, but only like 3 or 4 marks worth
Wenzel
I said add sodium carbonate. The chromium would give off a gas (CO2), the iron wouldn't.

It was CrCl3 and FeCl2 by the way, not copper (II) and iron (III). :P

I said add NH3, they both form a precipitate but the Chromium one redissolves in excess to form a purple solution. I think there is more than one right answer for that bit.

Did anyone get Delta G as 23.45 (ish)

And... in section B it was NaMnO4 right?
Adamshields
I had a nightmare on section B of CHM5. Everything that I didnt want to come up, came up. Is it me or were there no periodicity questions? Not that I can remember anyway.

There was a Silicon Chloride equation in a section B worth 2 marks.

Latest

Trending

Trending