The Student Room Group

Unis in Netherland VS Unis in the UK

Hi. I am an international student and not from EU countries. I am currently accepted from Warwick universities for computer science. However, I am thinking to go TU delf for in the Netherland for computer science. To go TU delft, I have to take a year off, but the tuition is half.

I am considering not to go, Warwick, because I am not sure if it is worth it to pay 24500 GBP per year for Computer science. I know Warwick is famous for business and mathematics, but I don't know about Computer science.
Also, I think it would be harder to get a work permit and job in the UK because of Brexit and I am not sure if it is worth it to go to the UK for universities.

However, also I am not sure how TU delf is prestigious and recognized in Europe and the Netherland. The pros of TU Delft is tuition. It is half comparing to Warwick.

So, the point is that if Warwick for computer science is better than TU delft considering the tuition and Brexit.

Thank you guys for helping me.
Original post by Fgvhvjbi
Hi. I am an international student and not from EU countries. I am currently accepted from Warwick universities for computer science. However, I am thinking to go TU delf for in the Netherland for computer science. To go TU delft, I have to take a year off, but the tuition is half.

I am considering not to go, Warwick, because I am not sure if it is worth it to pay 24500 GBP per year for Computer science. I know Warwick is famous for business and mathematics, but I don't know about Computer science.
Also, I think it would be harder to get a work permit and job in the UK because of Brexit and I am not sure if it is worth it to go to the UK for universities.

However, also I am not sure how TU delf is prestigious and recognized in Europe and the Netherland. The pros of TU Delft is tuition. It is half comparing to Warwick.

So, the point is that if Warwick for computer science is better than TU delft considering the tuition and Brexit.

Thank you guys for helping me.

TU Delft will provide a superb education. Personally I'd go with them.

Warwick is still a great university for the subject though.

Brexit, however, will actually make it easier for you to stay in the UK after graduation. The government is introducing a longer post-study work period (6 months instead of the current 4 months), giving you longer to find skilled work. There's some discussion about increasing it beyond 6 months too.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi,

I am a second-year CSE student at TU Delft. I am EU, so the situation is slightly different, but I would definitely recommend you come to TU Delft, here is why:

Although much more pricy, Warwick is not even better than TU Delft, when it comes to the standard of education. TU Delft is very highly ranked for engineering (top 15-20 worldwide) and Warwick is not, as far as I know. Yes, I am aware that CSE specifically is not (yet) as highly ranked than other engineering courses at the TU, but the level of education is gettering significantly better every year. This is due to the fact, that the program was taught in Dutch before and only became Engish two years ago, now attracting students from all around the globe. It is rapidly becoming a very international study, this year around 60% of those admitted were international (non-dutch students). I am not aware of exact statistics regarding Warwick, but I am sure, that the percentage there is lower. Also, because the course is so cheap (only 2000 euros for EU students and only 1000 euros for the first year) many top students start to choose it above UK universities where the uncertainties around Brexit and higher tuition fees scare people off. Actually, some British people I asked this year choose to come here instead of UCL. I think the general consensus here is that its only worth choosing the UK over TU Delft if you get admitted to Oxbridge or Imperial College London. Otherwise, the level of education (especially for the money) at TU Delft is better. Also, if you are an engineer at heart and like building things there are amazing student-led dream teams at TU Delft that build self-driving cars, space rockets, exoskeletons or a capsule for Elon Musk's hyperloop competition. I would strongly recommend you check out "dream teams" at the website. If you are a student here you can get involved, some of my friends are doing it and they really love it! Most of these teams compete in worldwide competitions and are regularly achieving top results. (When I mean top, I mean that some teams win their competition almost every year).

The only 2 disadvantages I would say about TU Delft that the program is demanding, so a lot of people drop out after the first year, although I think with the constant increase in the quality of student the number of dropouts is expected to decrease. The other one is that many people take 4 years to complete the course although if you are hardworking you can definitely make it in 3. Ah, also, the Netherlands is not an English speaking country, but that only has slight disadvantages as basically everyone speaks Engish.

Also, take my advice with a pinch of salt, because all I know about Warwick is very superficial, 2nd hand information. What I want to say is just that TU Delft is definitely a good choice and not necessarily only because of the money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending