The Student Room Group

Bad GCSEs

I got terrible grades in my GCSEs and I’m gutted 😫 I was not expecting them to be that bad

Scroll to see replies

Ik many people like that dw!! Focus on the rest of your education, you still can achieve your dreams !
Reply 2
Original post by randomquestion
Ik many people like that dw!! Focus on the rest of your education, you still can achieve your dreams !

I was supposed to get sevens & eights but didn’t get any! I feel terrible and so disappointed in my self
Original post by Ra78x
I got terrible grades in my GCSEs and I’m gutted 😫 I was not expecting them to be that bad

I'm sorry to hear that,

There are so many more opportunities out there for you, have you thought of doing a BTEC or an apprenticeship perhaps? Just because you gained bad results, doesn't mean its the end! It's your own personal best remember.

What were your plans for after GCSEs?
Original post by Ra78x
I was supposed to get sevens & eights but didn’t get any! I feel terrible and so disappointed in my self

Honestly it’s fine. Things like this happen. Accept it and take it as motivation to work way harder !!
Reply 5
Original post by Hazzabear
I'm sorry to hear that,

There are so many more opportunities out there for you, have you thought of doing a BTEC or an apprenticeship perhaps? Just because you gained bad results, doesn't mean its the end! It's your own personal best remember.

What were your plans for after GCSEs?

I wanted to take A-levels chemistry, biology & psychology
Reply 6
Original post by Ra78x

Same thing that happened to me...
Reply 7
Original post by SBizzy
Same thing that happened to me...

So sorry to hear that, I can understand how you’re feeling. What A-levels/BTEC’s have you chosen?
damn
you can still do it, usually require a minimum of grade 5+ at many colleges / sixth-form to go on an A Level course just make sure you work harder this time around if possible as the workload is far greater & much more difficult.
Reply 10
Original post by Ra78x
So sorry to hear that, I can understand how you’re feeling. What A-levels/BTEC’s have you chosen?

I don't think i'm going to do a-levels anymore which is annoying, I might do btecs. I passed everything but my grades were too low...
Reply 11
Original post by SBizzy
I don't think i'm going to do a-levels anymore which is annoying, I might do btecs. I passed everything but my grades were too low...

Have u decided which BTEC you wanna take?
Reply 12
Original post by TheRealSaifali
you can still do it, usually require a minimum of grade 5+ at many colleges / sixth-form to go on an A Level course just make sure you work harder this time around if possible as the workload is far greater & much more difficult.

Unfortunately I can’t get on to my desired A-levels
do you mind me asking what a levels you’d like to take and what career you’d like in the future?
Reply 14
Original post by Ra78x
Have u decided which BTEC you wanna take?

Not sure tbh, this is making me depressed..
Reply 15
do you mind me asking what a levels you’d like to take and what career you’d like in the future?

Chemistry, biology & psychology or economics
for medicine you’d want to drop psychology as many unis just don’t accept it dont know reasoning. for pharmacology maths would be a better subject instead of psychology. how many GCSEs do you have and at what grade? e.g. (5GCSES 1A 2B 3C).
Reply 17
for medicine you’d want to drop psychology as many unis just don’t accept it dont know reasoning. for pharmacology maths would be a better subject instead of psychology. how many GCSEs do you have and at what grade? e.g. (5GCSES 1A 2B 3C).

5 GCSEs 2Bs & 3Cs
the 3C’s were they 5s or 4s? many universities count a grade 5 & 6 as ‘B’
Reply 19
the 3C’s were they 5s or 4s? many universities count a grade 5 & 6 as ‘B’

2 5s & 1 4

Quick Reply

Latest