The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
I have 2 tests in 2 days, physics tomorrow and maths on Friday. Wish me luck!
Original post by Zoejohnstone
Ive just started sixth form and I have made no friends. The sixth form I go to is not in my area and everyone had friendship groups instantly. I feel like a ghost, everyone ignore me and I hate it! I made a massive effort at the start with making friends but no one gave effort back as they had already made groups. I just feel so low at the moment and questioning myself. I really wanted to make friends but it’s just not happening! Any advice? X

I have the exact same problem I don’t know what to do it’s like no one pays attention to me and I just sit alone all the time :frown: I have social anxiety too so it’s like if someone doesn’t approach me first then I’ll probably never talk to them.
Original post by Unknown829919228
I have the exact same problem I don’t know what to do it’s like no one pays attention to me and I just sit alone all the time :frown: I have social anxiety too so it’s like if someone doesn’t approach me first then I’ll probably never talk to them.

Find a group of friends that you think you'll fit in with and just follow them around. If not initially they'll eventually accept u!
Original post by Fufuyo
Find a group of friends that you think you'll fit in with and just follow them around. If not initially they'll eventually accept u!

I’m not sure where to find a group of friends? I think I should’ve probably talked to more people from the beginning but my anxiety stops me from doing that. I just expect people to approach me but I know that isn’t realistic. I don’t mind so much being on my own it’s just sometimes when I’m eating lunch on my own and see people laughing and talking it makes me feel really out of place and lonely. I want to push myself to make friends but it’s been 2 months so I’m probably already the ‘quiet’ girl.
wag1 fam

What's your name?
Robert

How did you find the GCSE experience?
Unserious as hell but I bagged a 9 and 7 8s so I guess it went well

What A-Levels (or other equivalent qualifications) are you taking? [Specifying boards will help to find other people sitting the same exams!]
Biology (OCR)
Chemistry (OCR)
Physics (OCR) (im probably not gonna do the actual A2 but because my school forces us to do the AS I chose a fourth)
Mathematics (Edexcel)

What is your favourite subject?
Chemistry
Have you stayed on at your school or are you going somewhere new?
Stayed
Your initial feelings about starting Year 12?
I thought they were lying to me about the pressure, but a half term in and it's piling up.

Any hobbies or interests?
Basketball, Guitar, Sleeping

What are you looking forward to the most?
Results Day 2021 :smile:
Original post by Unknown829919228
I’m not sure where to find a group of friends? I think I should’ve probably talked to more people from the beginning but my anxiety stops me from doing that. I just expect people to approach me but I know that isn’t realistic. I don’t mind so much being on my own it’s just sometimes when I’m eating lunch on my own and see people laughing and talking it makes me feel really out of place and lonely. I want to push myself to make friends but it’s been 2 months so I’m probably already the ‘quiet’ girl.

I understand, it was quite difficult for me to make friends aswell as I am not naturally outgoing. I know you might think that it would be weird if you suddenly started talking to people and people have already formed perceptions of you as a shy person but trust me it's better late than never and we always tend to think of the worse possible scenario when in reality things are likely to turn out good. I'd say start with talking to people you have classes with- you could start by asking about work and then get to know them, common interests,etc. Once you have broken the ice and started to find common interests, just go with that person/people at lunch or break and they will most likely introduce you to the rest of their friends. I know it's easier said than done but you need to take that first step to talk to someone and everything will go fine from there. Best of luck!
Reply 366
My school still keeps giving me tests. I have 3x Maths Test, 1x Chemistry Test and 1x Chinese Oral Test. Wish me luck!
Reply 367
I have downloaded 37 exercises from PMT to prepare for a Chemistry topic test next week, precisely 7 days later, but I only have 6 days to revise for it. Do you think it is too much?
Original post by 8013
I have downloaded 37 exercises from PMT to prepare for a Chemistry topic test next week, precisely 7 days later, but I only have 6 days to revise for it. Do you think it is too much?

Absolutely not! As long you know how the exam questions are worded and how to word the answer, you will be fine. Good luck!!!!
Hi,
I am taking Physics, Chemistry and Maths A Level and I am struggling to revise as I know everything but when it comes to exam questions, I struggle sometimes. Any tips will be helpful!!!
Legit too many tests at a level I cba anymore lol
Original post by thatguyrobz

What are you looking forward to the most?
Results Day 2021 :smile:

whaa how can you be looking forward to it lmao
Original post by Fufuyo
Legit too many tests at a level I cba anymore lol

mood
Original post by Minnerow
Hi,
I am taking Physics, Chemistry and Maths A Level and I am struggling to revise as I know everything but when it comes to exam questions, I struggle sometimes. Any tips will be helpful!!!

physics and maths tutor qs are a blessing
Original post by 8013
My school still keeps giving me tests. I have 3x Maths Test, 1x Chemistry Test and 1x Chinese Oral Test. Wish me luck!

Your school does Chinese? damn I wish i had that at mine
Original post by mez_merising
whaa how can you be looking forward to it lmao

so it can be over
Reply 376
It seems after a poor run of bad results, I am back on track with B and A grades coming back.
I got 71% (B) in a Physics Topic test, and 100% in my maths test! I am over the moon after the test today!
Original post by 8013
It seems after a poor run of bad results, I am back on track with B and A grades coming back.
I got 71% (B) in a Physics Topic test, and 100% in my maths test! I am over the moon after the test today!

How do you revise for Maths and Physics?
Need some tips!
Thanks
Reply 378
IMG_0138.PNG
This will happen if I fail my next Chemistry test on Friday (Liverpool fan)
Reply 379
I got 100% UMS in a Physics past paper with 1 question to spare!

Latest