Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What's your name?

jduxie4414 of course but if you must, James

How did you find the GCSE experience?

Before the exams: really stressful
During the exams: went too fast to really feel anything which was good (25 ish exams still seemed so scary )
After the exams: was just such a long wait, but I'm happy with my results

What A-Levels (or other equivalent qualifications) are you taking? [Specifying boards will help to find other people sitting the same exams!]

OCR Computer Science
AQA Drama
AQA Maths
AQA Physics (may soon be further maths, keep tuned folks!)
+ an EPQ in Cyber Security

What is your favourite subject?

Drama! It's so fun and relaxing (I do lighting and sound, not acting :P)

Have you stayed on at your school or are you going somewhere new?

My school couldn't get rid of me if they tried XD

Your initial feelings about starting Year 12?

Well my grave is already dug!

Any hobbies or interests?

Technical Theatre and Computing quite into just biking around aswell

What are you looking forward to the most?

More freedom and meeting with my friends again

If you have a GYG* blog, link it here:

Keep your eyes peeled for this!
moso2203
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What's your name? mo

How did you find the GCSE experience? it was okay, i think it was overexaggerated at times. i could have done better at times with revising - too much procrastination

What A-Levels (or other equivalent qualifications) are you taking? [Specifying boards will help to find other people sitting the same exams!] AQA government/politics, english literature, psychology

What is your favourite subject? humanities: english literature, german, RE

Have you stayed on at your school or are you going somewhere new? staying

Your initial feelings about starting Year 12? slightly nervous but i'm continuing at my 6th so i assume newcomers would be much more nervous than me

Any hobbies or interests? politics, religion, current affairs, sophisticated discussions , education

What are you looking forward to the most? just being a bit more free i suppose, being able to do the things i find interesting, being in charge of what i can do, and being with people who have the same interests
maniccrammer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What's your name?
Jen

Very stressful but it’s done and that’s a relief, mentally exhausting but hopefully a levels will be different. Somehow managed to hit my targets in everything and even exceed in a few which is unreal.

What A-Levels (or other equivalent qualifications) are you taking?
I’m doing biology, German, psychology and maths, with an EPQ in second year, but I don’t know boards yet

German

I’m starting at a college

Terrifying but now it’s close the excitement is building - finally got rid of English lit thank god

Movies and music mainly but I want to use sixth form as a chance to expand my interests (open to suggestions lmao)

Being more independent and able to be in control of more of my future, as daunting as it sounds at the moment
ThunderBeard
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Name: initials are not TB

GCSEs: not to happy with them but nothing I can do now (that I would bother with)
A levels: Bio Chem maths

Staying.

Feelings: pfft, none. Got new teachers and separated from the guys I know so opening up.

Hobbies: dunno, typical boy stuff I guess.

Looking ahead: c'mon guys, I don't have 20/20 vision
Qadeer1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi my name's Qadeer.

Some of you might recognise me from last year's Year 11 thread, however I must admit, I disregarded TSR after exams finished but I'm back for Year 12.

Personally I found the GCSE experience stressful at times, frustrating and greatly tiring, but it was worth all the effort in the end, and I've only just started reaping the rewards.

I'll be moving to a grammar school sixth form, so that'll be a new experience I'm looking forward to.
I'm taking AQA Biology, Eduqas Chemistry and AQA Geography.
I'm excited to start year 12, but I feel like returning to studying after this 3 month break will be a struggle initially. I feel like I've forgotten everything from last year and it's going to take some time landing back on my feet.
plantsonvenus
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What's your name?
Eliza

I felt weirdly empty when they were over? But I got seven 9s and I was over the moon :0

What A-Levels (or other equivalent qualifications) are you taking?
•Biology (AQA)
•Physics (AQA)
•Drama and Theatre (Edexcel)
•Arts Award

Dramaaaaa

Stayed at my school, my brain couldn’t handle the change for sure

Kinda ready for it now, this summer has been long

Love playing guitar and piano any moment I get

Frees are gonna be a god send, I know it
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am taking Chinese, Maths, Physics and Chemistry (IAL for the last 3). It will be challenging this year as I have an ABRSM piano exam which may clash with the May/June 2020 IAS exam period, so I have to plan well!
XHannahR
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Qadeer1)
Hi my name's Qadeer.

Some of you might recognise me from last year's Year 11 thread, however I must admit, I disregarded TSR after exams finished but I'm back for Year 12.

Personally I found the GCSE experience stressful at times, frustrating and greatly tiring, but it was worth all the effort in the end, and I've only just started reaping the rewards.

I'll be moving to a grammar school sixth form, so that'll be a new experience I'm looking forward to.
I'm taking AQA Biology, Eduqas Chemistry and AQA Geography.
I'm excited to start year 12, but I feel like returning to studying after this 3 month break will be a struggle initially. I feel like I've forgotten everything from last year and it's going to take some time landing back on my feet.
So like a private grammar school?
alice03x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
English Lit gang :five:
I think I'll be with OCR but at least we'll share our love of English Lit :lol:
Yes! I can’t wait to do new and different books!
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by alice03x)
Yes! I can’t wait to do new and different books!
Me too! Goodbye A Christmas Carol :rofl:
IDOZ
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Congratulations! Where and what course?
Thanks

UCLAN and Physics with Astrophysics
RiaWombat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I just came to the truly terrifying realisation that I’m going to have to juggle a lot next year whoops
fish finger fan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Name: fish finger fan, or captain birdseye either is fine.
I found the GCSE experience stressful and demanding but the hard work payed of as the grades were better than I was expecting.

A levels: I might have got the exam boards wrong, I'll find out for sure next week
AQA geography
Edexcel history
edexcel business studies

Favourite subject: geography

Staying at same school

I'm super nervous for year 12, arghhhhhhhhhhhhh. I really ought to buy some nappies. Joking of course

Most looking forward to not having to study English lit

GYG blog coming soon, link will magically appear later.

Good luck everyone.
NeonGlue
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Name: NeonGlue

I found the GCSE experience quite layed back since I put in enough effort over two years and everything went as planned. Couldn't have went better. I got 6 9s and I'm pleased with myself.

A levels:
Edexcel Maths
OCR Further Maths
OCR Physics
ORC Chemistry

Favourite subject: Maths

Same school

Looking forward to diving into Maths A level, completing it in one year hopefully. I should be able to balance my revision with my other 2 A levels since maths is done in one year.
Munthaliyathe58
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What's your name?
Actual legal one: Ashhabur
Nick/home-name: Tanzil

To be frank, not good by any means. The science and maths departments at my original school, were very unorganised and they refused to move me up higher sets, despite that I consistently got highest marks in tests and mocks since early year 10, and up until April they didn't confirm whether I was doing higher or foundation. Therefore I got mainly 5's in my GCSE subjects, which does not meet the entry requirements for my A-level options.

What A-Levels (or other equivalent qualifications) are you taking? [Specifying boards will help to find other people sitting the same exams!]
Unfortunately, due to my grades not being high enough for the A-level subjects I want to do (Maths, Chemistry and Physics), so I applied to a sixth-form where they offer a GCSE retake programme, and I am aiming to attain grades 6-9 in all those subjects with at least 7s in Maths and Combined Science.

GCSE retakes:
Mathematics - (Edexcel)
Combined Science - (AQA)
English Language - (Eduqas)
Sociology - (Eduqas OR AQA)

A-Levels:
Mathematics - (Edexcel)
Chemistry - (OCR A)
Physics - (OCR A OR AQA depending on what sixth-form I go to when I start my A-levels.)

Chemistry.

Definitely going somewhere new and not my unorganised treacherous original school as I mentioned above. However, for the year after when I begin my A-levels i'm either going to stay at the sixth-form where i'm doing my GCSE retakes

Mixed feelings primarily, and despite that i'm 1 year behind, at least I know the steps i'm taking will much more likely guarentee what career pathway I want to follow in future (Aerospace Engineering degree).

I like sci-fi horror TV shows and films (i.e stranger things), and a bit of drama but not too much (i.e Riverdale)

Volunteering placement, work experience and extra-curricular activities, which I really need in order to improve my CV which I already began doing so. In addition to that i'm hopefully planning to find a part-time job which I can do during weekends only and earn around £40 a week.
telkov
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, my name's Telkov and I will also be subjected to the Y12 + sixth form experience.

GCSEs were very stressful for me, I studied almost every day after the November mocks and was incredibly burnt out by my last couple of exams. I was also struggling a lot with badly timed mental health issues, and even though things are not perfect now I hope I can schedule a breakdown when exams are not on (jk). Overall, though, I'm happy with my results.

My A-levels are: Biology (AQA), Chemistry (AQA), Geography (AQA) and Computer Science (OCR). I will probably do an EPQ w/ AQA as well. I am incredibly worried and have my doubts about computer science, so if anyone has advice or wants to chat I'll take what I can get

I'm staying at my school, but I'm incredibly nervous. I cut off all my friends due to last year, and although I don't regret it, it feels like I'm the 'new girl'. I'm also worried about workload, teachers, aspects of courses (computer science), etc. I am a little excited, though, because I secretly like school.

I have no hobbies but enjoy documentaries, reading and learning (I literally can't even pretend I'm interesting)

I'm most looking forward to learning new things and challenging myself, and being in a slightly new and more independent environment, as cheesy as that sounds!
Zoqua
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I've posted here before but I might as well do the template everybody else is doing.

What's your name?
Zoqua(not my actual name)

Not bad, I got 9's in Maths, History, Geography, 3 Sciences, 8 in English Lit, 7 in French & English Lang, and an A in Addmaths.

What A levels are you taking?
AQA Maths,
AQA Further Maths,
Edexcel Economics &
AQA Physics
EPQ(it's not an A level but I'm still doing it). I might also be taking an MOOC or two.

What is your favorite subject?
Probably Maths, although I also really like Economics, both for the mathematical(if quite simple) parts, and the essay parts (I like essay writing as well as calculations and direct answers). I'd say Maths generally, because I have studied it more than Economics and I just really like solving problems.

Going somewhere new to meet many new people

Your initial feelings about Year 12:
Really looking forward to a greater challenge which will test me more (I didn't find GCSE Maths or Physics very challenging), and I am excited for greater independence when learning. I have already gone over the starting topics for Maths, Economics & Physics, and am getting a bit ahead, as I want to get A*'s at A level.

I play tennis a lot, and have done since I was quite young. I also do swimming a few times every week. I really like problem solving games, such as Sudoku, Binary Sudoku, Killer Sudoku, Suguru & Futoshiki. I also really like Chess. I also study for fun (I'm strange I know). I also really like Netflix(who doesn't), and am also partial to Amazon.

What are you guys looking forward to most?
Being able to focus solely on the subjects that I really want to do. Also looking forward to the greater time for independent study, as I really like studying (I'm very academic), in a QUIET PLACE WITH NO YEAR 7s! My college has designated self-study areas where noise is banned. It's going to be brilliant.
afra_rizly01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mpaprika)
Hiya I'm Magda!
Year 11 was literally the worst year for me, and surprisingly I got 13 A*s and 2 As (remark = successful) As are in numeracy and welsh :mad:

A-levels:
Biology (wjec) < fave subject
Chemistry (wjec)
Maths (wjec)
German (wjec)
EPQ (wjec)

The future:
Natural biological sciences/Medicine (but like I don't want to learn about roaches, ygm?)

How I'm feeling:
stressed already, even though I haven't started the courses yet

Hobbies
watching Greys anatomy oops

I'm looking forward to smaller classes and getting work experience done (but then I need to put my head down and work, I don't want to lmao)

GYG:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6094702
I’ve never related to a person more in my life omg. Legit the same a levels but different exam boards. Also love greys and wanna do medicine and I’m stressed afff
Crystal22222
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hello!

I’m hazza for short, GCSEs were challenging but I managed to pass everything! I’m doing a BTEC (rather than an a levels) in medical science as I’ll most likely be doing my coursework in hospital - I have regular admissions! My favourite subject is biology by far and I’m going to college rather then staying on at my school.

I’m super nervous about starting year 12, but looking forward to a fresh start and meeting new people that have the same interests as me. I love to kayak because there’s so many hidden coves in Cornwall

Looking forward to being apart of this thread!
Oh nice I’m doing Btec in medical science as well. It’s nice to know i’m not the only one 😂
Qadeer1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by XHannahR)
So like a private grammar school?
No it's not a private grammar school, it's a selective state school with certain academic requirements you need to fulfil in order to gain admission.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?