Awesomerz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
When I was revising the kidney chapter in biology, I came across the word nephron as well as kidney tubule. Are they the same thing cause the function and structure seems similar ??
Awesomerz
Rep:
?
Bump!!
lhh2003
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The kidney is made of thousands amongst thousands of small structures called nephrons. The tubules are a feature of the nephron - they are tubes which carry filtrate, I.E salts and minerals , that have undergone ultra filtration ( at the glomerulus inside Bowman’s capsule), from the glomerulus to the renal papilla.
Awesomerz
Rep:
?
(Original post by lhh2003)
The kidney is made of thousands amongst thousands of small structures called nephrons. The tubules are a feature of the nephron - they are tubes which carry filtrate, I.E salts and minerals , that have undergone ultra filtration ( at the glomerulus inside Bowman’s capsule), from the glomerulus to the renal papilla.
Ohh!! Thanks a lot ..
Jpw1097
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by lhh2003)
Exactly. The nephron has several parts: the Bowman’s capsule, the proximal tubule, the loop of Henlé (itself made up of the descending limb, thin ascending and thick ascending limb), distal convoluted tubule and the collecting duct.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?