The Student Room Group
Reply 1
does Cl2 added to water form an acidic solution?

...my only real unkown with the synoptic.

chm5 was harder than usual....especially with writing the standard cell equation thing i know i screwed that bit up but overall i felt i did well. chem is not going to be my main worry for results.
physics is more so just because it's so unpredictable for marks.
Reply 2
Fointy
does Cl2 added to water form an acidic solution?

...my only real unkown with the synoptic.

chm5 was harder than usual....especially with writing the standard cell equation thing i know i screwed that bit up but overall i felt i did well. chem is not going to be my main worry for results.
physics is more so just because it's so unpredictable for marks.

Yup, it makes HOCl and HCl.
Reply 3
it was platinum then KNO3 then a metal like Ag then ion like Ag+ for that cell labelling thing
I didn't think the unit 5 paper was that bad - could have been much much worse.

Unit 6 on the other had, was awful :frown:
Maestor
it was platinum then KNO3 then a metal like Ag then ion like Ag+ for that cell labelling thing

Mgand Mg 2+, since it was a Magnesium cell (it said at the start of the question)
Reply 6
what about section B; distinguishing between complexes

i didn't even do the first one and on the second i converted them both to 3+ before testing with sodium carbonate
Reply 7
for kc i got something like 60....

the q=mct question i think i got 7.1g of methanol (didn't know whether to divide by 2 regarding the 50% bit)

and for the manganate / dichromate question i put sodium manganate

nevermind its over now:rolleyes:
Reply 8
yeh kc was around 50ish somting liek that

and damn!...pepe..!..seems like i mis-read yet another question..argh!
failed
Reply 10
module 6 was difficult..a few people been syaing they got a string of B's..i got a string of a's

im dhoomed...need 2 B's for my a grade..comon!
Reply 11
I think I did my energy question wrong. I was thinking of 50% of energy lost from methanol so I worked out 50% of the energy needed to heat up the water, then added onto top of the energy when I should have actually doubled it. No wonder I ended up with a value of 1.43g or something. :P

Latest

Trending

Trending