What courses are best if you want to work with children?

Watch
Katy Lou
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im beginning year 13 with no clue what I am doing after sixth form. All I know is that I want to work with children but not sure what course is best. Ive looked at teaching, childhood studies and education studies and all lead to the same sort of thing. Which one would be better for someone who is unsure like me?

I was thinking childhood studies but just need to guidance.
Starlight15
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What about doing child nursing?
Katy Lou
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Starlight15)
What about doing child nursing?
i did look at nursing and even went on a residential for it, but I don't think nursing I what I want to do.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Katy Lou)
i did look at nursing and even went on a residential for it, but I don't think nursing I what I want to do.
Probably a gap year to get some experience so you can decide.
-Eirlys-
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Katy Lou)
Im beginning year 13 with no clue what I am doing after sixth form. All I know is that I want to work with children but not sure what course is best. Ive looked at teaching, childhood studies and education studies and all lead to the same sort of thing. Which one would be better for someone who is unsure like me?

I was thinking childhood studies but just need to guidance.
Child Psychology? At least then, if you do decide to go into nursing, you'd likely be accepted because you have useful knowledge behind you. If you didn't want to do nursing though, it would be advantageous to almost all child related roles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (413)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (319)
43.58%

Watched Threads