The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Will I be eligible for student loan?

Hello, I am currently in sixth form (in year 13) and I want to study Economics at university in the UK. I am aiming to study at university from September 2020 onwards. However, due to having moved to the UK in September 2010, my family is yet to complete 10 years in the UK, and hence we have not got citizenship yet. During the time of my application, I will be an Indian citizen, but during the time of my enrollment into university, I will have obtained my British citizenship. Will I be eligible for the student loan that the local students get, or will I have to pay the international fee? I asked this question on this forum as Warwick is one of the universities which I am targeting.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I am currently in sixth form (in year 13) and I want to study Economics at university in the UK. I am aiming to study at university from September 2020 onwards. However, due to having moved to the UK in September 2010, my family is yet to complete 10 years in the UK, and hence we have not got citizenship yet. During the time of my application, I will be an Indian citizen, but during the time of my enrollment into university, I will have obtained my British citizenship. Will I be eligible for the student loan that the local students get, or will I have to pay the international fee? I asked this question on this forum as Warwick is one of the universities which I am targeting.

If you head to the student finance website you can answer a few questions and you can receive an approximate student finance amount you'll receive. However i'm sure to be eligible for student finance your parents must be citizens of the UK.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending