Rlittle87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I start my PGCE on Thursday and I’ve just been told that my dog has a brain tumour and she’s been given 6 months maximum. I’ve been reluctant to leave her alone as she’s been having seizures. I don’t know what to do. Shall I keep it to myself or tell my mentor? If she dies during the course of the training will I be able to take the day off?
tomlam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah of course you will be allowed a day off here and there, but persistent absence will affect your chances. It might be worth leaving her in the care of someone else, or (and I know this is a bit harsh), put her out of her misery by putting your dog down so that you can move on and she's not feeling pain anymore.
There are allowances for sickness and bereavement, but don't allow it to affect your future.
Rlittle87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
As far as I know she’s not in any pain right now. So I don’t know if putting her down would be the right course of action now. Yes her back end is collapsing every now and then, but it doesn’t seem to be bad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%