DevMan1718
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have barely gotten through my first year at sixth form with bad grades in my A1 exams. I really dislike my sixth form and rarely stay there in between classes, I went to a different sixth form than all my friends after year 11 and I've been regretting that decision ever since. All my friends and my gf are all at this one sixth form whereas I'm across the city at another where i haven't really managed to make any new friends other than just mates i'd talk to in class. All my close mates know my thoughts about it and tell me to switch sixth forms, but I'm worried its too late for that now. My gf does psychology the same as me and she seems to be doing different topics i have not learnt yet. So I'm wondering if its even possible to switch?? I've heard other people have made the switch around this time but i just don't see how this would be possible? If anyone knows or has done switches around this time i would be really grateful for a reply. Cheers
alex213
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if the sixth form you are at and the sixth form you are going to, do the exact same subjects and have already covered the same stuff then there is no reason not to but I would be careful as you may miss out on some info that has been taught previously in the year. and teachers may teach differently so you may not understand the course at first which could put you behind, especially at a2. I would talk to your teachers about it
Human friendless
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Find out when enrollment day is in your friends sixth form and go to it and just ask teachers if you can go there. If you'd be too nervous go on the sixth forms website/school website and email the head of sixth form to see if you can go to the enrollment day. I know how it feels to go to a rubbish sixth form. It's torture maan. My one's actually closing down soon cos it's that bad. And yes i regret no changing. However I would advise to see how your friends are doing in the other sixth form otherwise going there might be a distraction to your studies. Sixth form is generally to do with one's ownself but without a good library and good people around you it''s tough especially at our age where social anxiety can become a thing. So yh hope that helps
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DevMan1718)
I have barely gotten through my first year at sixth form with bad grades in my A1 exams. I really dislike my sixth form and rarely stay there in between classes, I went to a different sixth form than all my friends after year 11 and I've been regretting that decision ever since. All my friends and my gf are all at this one sixth form whereas I'm across the city at another where i haven't really managed to make any new friends other than just mates i'd talk to in class. All my close mates know my thoughts about it and tell me to switch sixth forms, but I'm worried its too late for that now. My gf does psychology the same as me and she seems to be doing different topics i have not learnt yet. So I'm wondering if its even possible to switch?? I've heard other people have made the switch around this time but i just don't see how this would be possible? If anyone knows or has done switches around this time i would be really grateful for a reply. Cheers
Are the old school teaching the same syllabus? Have they covered the same topics? I think it would be tricky to change now.
Human friendless
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DevMan1718)
check the exam boards too
stumblingpast
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've just successfully switched sixth forms for A2, I emailed the admissions co-ordinator a few months prior and from then, I was asked to complete a form for all the exam boards and modules I did. After seeing that they were compatible, they asked for a reference from my current sixth form and invited me to enroll. I hope that helped and I agree that it would be best to go to an open enrollment day and see what options they have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads