Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
As a newcomer to Lancaster, I would love to get to know some inside to college life. Which colleges would you recommend? Which are considered as "party" ones and which as "quiet" ones? Thank you for any information
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As a newcomer to Lancaster, I would love to get to know some inside to college life. Which colleges would you recommend? Which are considered as "party" ones and which as "quiet" ones? Thank you for any information
Helloooo,
I think it varies a lot year to year depending on who's in them but I'll give you my opinion on my year (I'm going into third year). County is the biggest and Furness is the smallest. Lonsdale is probably the biggest 'party' one and Furness and Cartmel are considered 'quieter'. Bowland and Lonsdale are rivals (and probably considered the rowdiest) but Grizedale and County have townhouses which tend to be quite social. A lot of colleges are split into 'posh' and 'ghetto' if they have both ensuite and standard. It doesn't matter too much what college you're in as it doesn't make a lot of difference, so prioritise the type of room you want. Facebook meme/confession pages can give you some insight into the stereotypes too.
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Helloooo,
I think it varies a lot year to year depending on who's in them but I'll give you my opinion on my year (I'm going into third year). County is the biggest and Furness is the smallest. Lonsdale is probably the biggest 'party' one and Furness and Cartmel are considered 'quieter'. Bowland and Lonsdale are rivals (and probably considered the rowdiest) but Grizedale and County have townhouses which tend to be quite social. A lot of colleges are split into 'posh' and 'ghetto' if they have both ensuite and standard. It doesn't matter too much what college you're in as it doesn't make a lot of difference, so prioritise the type of room you want. Facebook meme/confession pages can give you some insight into the stereotypes too.
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
100% agree with that (my daughter went to Lonsdale )
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (11)
5.76%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (106)
55.5%
No (74)
38.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed