Dillz_97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I just studied at London Met and got 69.28% when the certificate page shows 69.5% as a First!

That's LESS than QUARTER of a percent off a First!

Has anyone ever got their grades rounded up? Other unis round up grades that are even round 1% and mines was a quarter of that!

I have just emailed them but seeing as I got the certificate, I'm wondering whether it's too late or not. I did email when I roughly calculated it another time, but they didn't respond.

My graduation is deferred to December as I couldn't attend the August one, so at least if something does change, I will go up with a First.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dillz_97)
Hi,

I just studied at London Met and got 69.28% when the certificate page shows 69.5% as a First!

That's LESS than QUARTER of a percent off a First!

Has anyone ever got their grades rounded up? Other unis round up grades that are even round 1% and mines was a quarter of that!

I have just emailed them but seeing as I got the certificate, I'm wondering whether it's too late or not. I did email when I roughly calculated it another time, but they didn't respond.

My graduation is deferred to December as I couldn't attend the August one, so at least if something does change, I will go up with a First.
You will need to look at the degree classification regulations which are normally online.
Standard is 69.5 is rounded up.

I checked and it is 69.5 assuming you did the counting correctly.
I am not seeing on what basis you are attempting to appeal?
Last edited by 999tigger; 2 years ago
Dillz_97
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
You will need to look at the degree classification regulations which are normally online.
Standard is 69.5 is rounded up.

I checked and it is 69.5 assuming you did the counting correctly.
I am not seeing on what basis you are attempting to appeal?
I'm saying doesn't my grade 69.28 get rounded to 69.5? As it's less than a quarter of a percent
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dillz_97)
I'm saying doesn't my grade 69.28 get rounded to 69.5? As it's less than a quarter of a percent
Will leave it to you to sort out with them but imo clearly not.
69.5 gets rounded to 70.
Tbh it says 69.49 or below is a 2:1, but see what happens with your appeal. Not persuaded by your argument, but its their opinion that matters.
Dillz_97
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Will leave it to you to sort out with them but imo clearly not.
69.5 gets rounded to 70.
Tbh it says 69.49 or below is a 2:1, but see what happens with your appeal. Not persuaded by your argument, but its their opinion that matters.
I understand what you mean definitely.

But in my case, 69.5 is a First and 70 isn't the boundary is my point here.

If it was 70%, then I understand not getting it rounded as it's under the borderline
But being 69.5% for a first and being 68.28...yep I'm going to try appeal it haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
14.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.74%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.98%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (61)
26.87%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (45)
19.82%

Watched Threads