I really need help with uni / apprenticeship :/ Watch

EllisM__
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm about to go into my second year of 6th form, and during this year I need to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life :////
At first I was just going to go to uni and do a cyber security (or something along those lines), but im having second thoughts, and thought that maybe an apprenticeship would be better for me. I was wondering if anyone was / is in a similar boat to me and could offer any advice for what I should do. Literally any advice would be appriciated

Thanks
Tom.Wood19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Its a tough choice, It very much depends on whether you'd rather focus on getting a degree, or would rather start earning and working towards other qualifications. If you cant decide, does your 6th form have a careers advisor?
maciek69
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by EllisM__)
I'm about to go into my second year of 6th form, and during this year I need to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life :////
At first I was just going to go to uni and do a cyber security (or something along those lines), but im having second thoughts, and thought that maybe an apprenticeship would be better for me. I was wondering if anyone was / is in a similar boat to me and could offer any advice for what I should do. Literally any advice would be appriciated

Thanks
It's natural to have second thoughts about everything. I had mine when I was applying to uni. Don't stress about to to much, talk to a careers advisor (if your school has one) and go on UCAS to research courses and maybe you'll come upon one that you like. I only decided what I wanted to do after my exams had finished and results day was a few weeks away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (53)
59.55%
Yes- I don't like it (3)
3.37%
No- I want it (27)
30.34%
No- I don't want it (6)