The Student Room Group

GCSEs good enough for Russel group uni?

Hate to ask questions like this as it feels like I just want validation but I'm genuinely unsure as law is such a competitive course and that's what I want to do but would these GCSEs be ok along side a level history, spanish and English lit in future?:
8s in spanish, English language, geography, biology, RE and food
7s in English lit, physics and chemistry
6 in maths (1 mark off a 7, very annoying)
5 in music
Original post by mads246
Hate to ask questions like this as it feels like I just want validation but I'm genuinely unsure as law is such a competitive course and that's what I want to do but would these GCSEs be ok along side a level history, spanish and English lit in future?:
5 in music

Almost all Russell group unis will never even look at your GCSE results. Unis care a whole lot more about your A-Levels and personal statement when deciding to offer you a place so I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you.
Reply 2
Original post by faithmolll
Almost all Russell group unis will never even look at your GCSE results. Unis care a whole lot more about your A-Levels and personal statement when deciding to offer you a place so I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you.

ah ok thank you. will hopefully do well at a levels then lol :smile:
Original post by mads246
5 in music

Yes.

It is not difficult to get into a Russell Group university.
I quickly looked at the top 3 universities for law. Oxford and Cambridge said they wanted around 4-5 grades at 7 or above and UCL said they wanted Maths and English language at grade 6 & a foreign language at grade 5. Your GCSE grades meet these requirements so don't worry about them hindering your chance of getting into a Russel Group university
Original post by Katie_S99
I quickly looked at the top 3 universities for law. Oxford and Cambridge said they wanted around 4-5 grades at 7 or above and UCL said they wanted Maths and English language at grade 6 & a foreign language at grade 5. Your GCSE grades meet these requirements so don't worry about them hindering your chance of getting into a Russel Group universit

UCL actually want a 5 not a 6 for math and English

Quick Reply

Latest