The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Visitors at loughborough uni

Is there side streets nearby lboro uni that my friends can park on for free if they want to sleep over?
Original post by 12mazzam
Is there side streets nearby lboro uni that my friends can park on for free if they want to sleep over?

There are some by the bins opposite the main hall. Be careful though I’ve seen homeless people around.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

My father went to Loughborough he told me he did the intensive sports course

I’ve seen beggars too - kEeP tHe cHilDrEn aWaY
Street parking in Loughborough is a nightmare and everywhere close to the uni is either permits or time limited.
does anyone know any actual streets though that I can park at? I will be commuting to loughborough every day and the thought of finding parking gives me anxiety :/
Original post by Sven_778
does anyone know any actual streets though that I can park at? I will be commuting to loughborough every day and the thought of finding parking gives me anxiety :/

I take it parking in the same place as when you visited the Uni isn't an option now?
Okay smartass, the thing is that I haven't visited Loughborough yet so I don't really know where to park. Ofcourse I could just go today and find some parking even though it may require me to wander around in my car for a good 30 mins. But I would rather if someone could just help by just pointing out some streets where I could find parking without all the confusion and hassle.
Have you tried applying for a parking permit at the university

Okay smartass, the thing is that I haven't visited Loughborough yet so I don't really know where to park. Ofcourse I could just go today and find some parking even though it may require me to wander around in my car for a good 30 mins. But I would rather if someone could just help by just pointing out some streets where I could find parking without all the confusion and hassle.
As previous posters have said - parking on streets close to the university is not permitted. There are a lot streets with permit holders only signs and the ones round the university have signs up "No University Parking". Please keep in mind that this is enforced by Security (residents will complain if they see you parking there regularly).
Just keep this in mind :smile:
Vicky
Original post by Loughborough University
As previous posters have said - parking on streets close to the university is not permitted. There are a lot streets with permit holders only signs and the ones round the university have signs up "No University Parking". Please keep in mind that this is enforced by Security (residents will complain if they see you parking there regularly).
Just keep this in mind :smile:
Vicky

How much do the parking permits cost? I will be commuting from Leicester and the website that I was on doesn't show any prices for the student permit..I will be getting the weekend and evening permit aswell for £90)
How much do the parking permits cost? I will be commuting from Leicester and the website that I was on doesn't show any prices for the student permit..I will be getting the weekend and evening permit aswell for £90)

On google, type, "Loughborough Uni parking permit". You will find it there....

Hi Sven_778

Have a look here for information on parking permits :smile:
https://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/security/traffic/

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending