Brexit: Johnson says the job of parliament is to "get this thing done" Watch

Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Debatable. If anything it is the MPs in remain constituencies to make sure this act of folly isnt done. Unless he's really so ignorant as to not know what a representative democracy is and that we live in one. Even if he would like to be the new supreme leader... especially given how thoroughly authoritarian him and his acolytes are.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49473497
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He continues to act as though it was the overwhelming wish of the British people to leave (hardly true given that the result was 52:48) and not only that but that they intended it to be a no-deal Brexit, which they did not and which is not mandated.

The sole reason for everything that is happening is that the Tory Party wish to see off Nigel Farage. That is not a sufficiently good reason for bringing down the national economy.
Nalk1573
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I agree.

What we should do is stay in the EU, but stop all non-EU immigration.

This will satisfy everyone in the country, particularly the people who want to reduce immigration, the main reason for the referendum.

(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
He continues to act as though it was the overwhelming wish of the British people to leave (hardly true given that the result was 52:48) and not only that but that they intended it to be a no-deal Brexit, which they did not and which is not mandated.

The sole reason for everything that is happening is that the Tory Party wish to see off Nigel Farage. That is not a sufficiently good reason for bringing down the national economy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (38)
7.45%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (298)
58.43%
No (174)
34.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise