Starting a Teaching Apprenticeship in September, and it's already a headache Watch

The_Purple_Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm currently technically still a TA, but I should be starting my teacher training in September at the school I work at.. It's a really lovely school, but they recently changed their program to the TAP (Teaching Apprenticeship Program). They had to set up UCAS , where I then needed to apply, and it all pretty much took me until the end of the year before everything was ready, and I still had yet to visit the school, meet teachers or be told how the actual training would work!

I was given a huge list of tasks to do over the summer which would have been easier for me to complete during term time. Still I have tried to complete it to the best of my ability and hope I can do school visits (secondary) once the school year starts again.

I was just wondering if anyone else is going through the same program, and if so, how have you found the process of signing up?
Simbasoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
New systems take time to bed in but you have an advantage as you already work in the school so you already know the teachers and how the school day works - you also know who to ask if you need various information for your assignments (if you don't know the answer already!) so I am sure it will improve. To be honest, DS1 is off to Uni in September - I have been but the system has changed so much, it feels complicated - and now he is in there are all sorts of paperwork to complete for the specific uni/finance etc and it is all a bit off putting - but you have to keep sight of the goal!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%