The Student Room Group

Fell in love abroad

Long story short: Fell in love with a local girl while travelling,Can't decide whether to stay another year or go back to study.
Any advice?
What does she have to say about it?
Stay.
Reply 3
Original post by sinfonietta
What does she have to say about it?

She thinks im staying another year
Reply 4
Original post by Southasianaries
Stay.

Any reason?
Original post by Anonymous
Any reason?

You fell in love with her.
Reply 6
Long story short: Fell in love with a local girl while travelling,Can't decide whether to stay another year or go back to study.
Any advice?

Has she fallen in love with you? If so, then stay.
Ultimately 1 year will not make or break your life and if you can see a future with this girl then surely you’ve got to give it a go!
Reply 8
Original post by mgi
Has she fallen in love with you? If so, then stay.

Worth sacrificing a career for? Already entering as a mature student
Reply 9
Original post by SteveyStack
Ultimately 1 year will not make or break your life and if you can see a future with this girl then surely you’ve got to give it a go!

I should also mention:
-i will already be entering university as a mature student
-i do want a university degree
Reply 10

You are not actually sacrificing your career you are just pausing it to find out if you have found true love. Mature students can always find a way of sorting out a career anyway.
I should also mention:
-i will already be entering university as a mature student
-i do want a university degree

I suppose it comes down to whether you consider ‘love’ or education to be more important. How old you are is in many ways irrelevant, it’s what you choose to do with your life.
Original post by SteveyStack
I suppose it comes down to whether you consider ‘love’ or education to be more important. How old you are is in many ways irrelevant, it’s what you choose to do with your life.

I would say love is more important...But here i don't know anyone here and don't really have anything to do
Original post by mgi
You are not actually sacrificing your career you are just pausing it to find out if you have found true love. Mature students can always find a way of sorting out a career anyway.

Would you say it's a disadvantage to graduate so much later than everyone else though? In terms of finding graduate jobs

Personally, not worth sacrificing your entire career for if it does actually mean sacrificing your career.
(edited 4 years ago)
she will be pleased if you are earning plenty of money.
Reply 16
Would you say it's a disadvantage to graduate so much later than everyone else though? In terms of finding graduate jobs

No. Not nowadays. Work and life experience is often valued by employers anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending