The Student Room Group

Year 12 resitting GCSE's

I am enrolled at my new school for Year 12, I am sadly not happy with my grades (4's and 5's) I got at GCSE so am retaking them as a private candidate,

I would be doing three courses - 12 exams in June 2020.

I was just wondering if :

1. When do I have to submit my private candidate and pay at the school I would be taking the exams.

2. Does my sixth-form school have to let me leave school to retake those exams?
\Hi and well done for getting enough to get to sixth from!

what would be taking?

Also do consider that GCSE's are only a stepping stone and okay you may not be happy with them right now but unless you want to go to oxbridge unis or employers don't care about GCSE's. A-levels or whatever you are taking will probably be a better chance to improve and progress and doing three courses is hard enough on top of A levels ans such. I resat this year and did 3 GCSE's and a BTEC and it was hard but it would of been harder with A-levels.
Original post by charlieyee
\Hi and well done for getting enough to get to sixth from!

what would be taking?

Also do consider that GCSE's are only a stepping stone and okay you may not be happy with them right now but unless you want to go to oxbridge unis or employers don't care about GCSE's. A-levels or whatever you are taking will probably be a better chance to improve and progress and doing three courses is hard enough on top of A levels ans such. I resat this year and did 3 GCSE's and a BTEC and it was hard but it would of been harder with A-levels.

I am doing a BTEC business and my English Language, English Lit, Higher Science combined and Spanish Higher.
Original post by daytime.dreams
I am doing a BTEC business and my English Language, English Lit, Higher Science combined and Spanish Higher.

i think if you are set on retaking if you let your sixth from know what you are doing then they should and i think you pay the exam broad or something and nice subjects just remember that it is a lot of work BTEC's and they are harsh on deadlines and stuff
Reply 4
If you reset in November when do you get ur results
Original post by IsMo987
If you reset in November when do you get ur results

16th January 2020

Quick Reply

Latest