Do you have time for part-time job while studying in DMU?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is it possible? I heard you get too much assignments and essays. For me as an international student from EU, would take even more time.
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it possible? I heard you get too much assignments and essays. For me as an international student from EU, would take even more time.
Hi there ,

My name is Anita and I am an international student coming from Bulgaria.

There is nothing to worry about as my first impression when I started studying here is that I won't have time to work. There are many assignments during the year, however, if you plan ahead, you will always find time to work and take part in different activities. I have been working as a Student Ambassador during my time at DMU and I managed to work and study at the same time and make some great friends, as well .

In our campus we have a Unitemps agency that can help you find a job as well as our Employability team is always happy to check your CV or Cover Letter and prepare you for any job that you are applying for.

Let me know if you need any more information

Best wishes,
Anita
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hello,
This is Jon Ellison, master's student. Adding to Anita's reply to your message, it's true that you're going to be set quite a bit of coursework and the uni doesn't expect all students to find work during their studies, but a part-time job does help you financially. If you're studying full time, I'd recommend that the job you apply for is part-time in case that job clashes with your timetable.
I myself am a part-time student and I have a regular morning cleaning job at a local college and I also work as a student ambassador. Unitemps will also support you on that and the uni does recruit student ambassadors. Duties vary and include conducting tours, PPC checking and holding presentations to potential students.
There are also a number of agencies based in Leicester which should provide some temporary work. If you have your CV, cover letter and/or certain other documents, the uni will be happy to browse through them.
Yors Sincerely,
Jon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads