My situation regarding studies and choices Watch

S.Asim
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey guys, hope you all are doing. I want to discuss about my situation regarding my studies. I'll try my best to discuss this as short as possible.

So I was graduated from Pakistani high school in the year 2016 by studying Computer Science as a subject in the final year and my grades were low . After that I had a gap of almost three years because of such educational agents who misguided me, while applying in Australian Universities. None of them told me to re-take the exam so that my admission process could go easier.

Because of having low grades in the final year of high school and having year gaps, I have decided to take some steps which I believe could take me to the genuine path in the future.

1. Register in OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology
which is equal to the 1st year of 3 years Bachelor degree in the UK and
keep doing this continuously till its Level 6.

OR

2. Start doing IT certification course like CompTIA A+, ORACLE, etc.

Your guidance will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by S.Asim)
Hey guys, hope you all are doing. I want to discuss about my situation regarding my studies. I'll try my best to discuss this as short as possible.

So I was graduated from Pakistani high school in the year 2016 by studying Computer Science as a subject in the final year and my grades were low . After that I had a gap of almost three years because of such educational agents who misguided me, while applying in Australian Universities. None of them told me to re-take the exam so that my admission process could go easier.

Because of having low grades in the final year of high school and having year gaps, I have decided to take some steps which I believe could take me to the genuine path in the future.

1. Register in OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology
which is equal to the 1st year of 3 years Bachelor degree in the UK and
keep doing this continuously till its Level 6.

OR

2. Start doing IT certification course like CompTIA A+, ORACLE, etc.

Your guidance will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
No idea but you need to decide what it is you are trying to achieve?
Given the choice I would look at the jobs market see what certification was in demand and do professional/ industry certification.
I assume this is nothing to do with the UK or its education system?

You also need to be confident you can cope.
S.Asim
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
No idea but you need to decide what it is you are trying to achieve?
Given the choice I would look at the jobs market see what certification was in demand and do professional/ industry certification.
I assume this is nothing to do with the UK or its education system?

You also need to be confident you can cope.
What is your thought on OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology Qualification?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by S.Asim)
What is your thought on OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology Qualification?
Had to look it up, but it is just equivalent to a HNC in IT, which equals first year in uni. It is ok, but I would take the professional qualifications if you want employability. I see there is a top up option after level 5 by Uni of Plymouth, but that isnt a great uni by itself.

Uni of London were offering an online CS degree, which is a new thing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-43288793
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (41)
7.78%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (308)
58.44%
No (178)
33.78%

Watched Threads