The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
piggie
i'm doing a essay on whether capital punishment should be reintroduced into the UK and i have to have peoples opinions

so was just asking peoples opinion of:
1) whether they agree with it?
2) whether it should be reintroduced in the UK?
3) what crimes should result in Capital pounishment?

i would be very greatful if you could reply.

thank you

miss piggie x

1) whether they agree with it? No
2) whether it should be reintroduced in the UK? No
3) what crimes should result in Capital pounishment None
:smile:
Reply 2
1. No
2. No
3. None

Edit: Because two wrongs don't make a right.
Reply 3
no no and genocide
Reply 4
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Murder
Reply 5
1) yes
2) yes
3) for murder, and for multiple offenders of other serious crimes
piggie
i'm doing a essay on whether capital punishment should be reintroduced into the UK and i have to have peoples opinions

so was just asking peoples opinion of:

i would be very greatful if you could reply.

thank you

miss piggie x

Yes, I agree with it, yes, it should be reintroduced in the UK, and it should be used on murderers and serial paedophiles, rapists etc.
Reply 7
Why do some people here seem to believe that two wrongs make a right? Life is sacred, therefore you shouldn't take it away deliberately. By killing a criminal you become one yourself.
kew96158
Why do some people here seem to believe that two wrongs make a right? Life is sacred, therefore you shouldn't take it away deliberately. By killing a criminal you become one yourself.

I agree with you there, however would you feel the same if someone you loved dearly was brutely murdered, raped?

This is a hard subject and I wish you all the luck in your writing.

I say:
yes
yes
and to murderers, those who have done so cold bloodly and admit to their crimes. Much as I would love to add rapists and paedophiles, I am sad to admit they do not fall into this catagory. Castration would be a better choice.
Reply 9

in principle, yes.

no, capital punishment has been shown not to reduce the murder rate so i don't think it's worth implementing a scheme which could kill innocent people and not even change the amount of people committing murder.

none.
Reply 10
kew96158

some people should just be removed.
Reply 11
kew96158
Life is sacred, therefore you shouldn't take it away deliberately.

can you provide evidence that life is sacred please... otherwise you may as well not include it as an explanation for not taking it away.
kew96158

Yeah but they deserve it. Why should you let scumbags like that pollute the earth and waste taxpayer's money when the world would be a better place without them and it would prevent further innocent people falling victim to them?
Reply 13
kellywood_5
Yeah but they deserve it. Why should you let scumbags like that pollute the earth and waste taxpayer's money

do you know how much legal costs are involved in getting someone sentenced to death?
Reply 14
timeofyourlife
can you provide evidence that life is sacred please

If it wasn't sacred then we wouldn't care about stopping murderers. Well this works for some definition of sacred anyway.
Reply 15
fishpaste
If it wasn't sacred then we wouldn't care about stopping murderers. Well this works for some definition of sacred anyway.

you knew exactly what i meant :tongue:
Reply 16
timeofyourlife
do you know how much legal costs are involved in getting someone sentenced to death?

less than keeping them imprisoned for long periods?
technik

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 18
technik

Actually, nope. It costs less to keep someone in prison for life than it does to go through all the appeals needed before you can actually get them executed.
Reply 19
technik

now we're getting there :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending