women who make false rape claims Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
in response to another thread of a girl thinking of making a rape claim **** you too many women have ****ed up so many innocent guys lives by doing this why do so many of you make false claims like this its so ****ed up?
----_----
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She didnt make a false claim, sha asked a question.

Statistically false rape allegations are a small proportion of allegations altogether and its unlikely youll get convicted because of a false claim
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ----_----)
She didnt make a false claim, sha asked a question.

Statistically false rape allegations are a small proportion of allegations altogether and its unlikely youll get convicted because of a false claim
get your head out the sand, its been happening a lot lately women making false rape claims
----_----
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
get your head out the sand, its been happening a lot lately women making false rape claims
Go do some research on it. Men are more likely to get raped than be falsely accused of rape.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well a couple of my friends got accused of rape recently but they got cleared but I seem to have heard a lot more of it happening lately , not sure if it is a coincidence
Halabaluza
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go do some research on it. Men are more likely to get raped than be falsely accused of rape.
Women in this country can't be charged with rape.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Was there really any need for this? Yes it is a problem but you didn't need to target the girl specifically for asking for help in a problem that may not even result in a rape claim.
----_----
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Halabaluza)
Well that's because women in this country can't be charged with rape.
64 were prosecuted for rape (as an umbrella term) in 2018 actually. Also that backs my point up even more. If a guy is more likely to be a rape victim in a country that doesnt charge women with rape then that surely shows how much smaller the false allegation issue is

Also that is a very very important issue and id rather see that debated than a girl being accused of false rape allegations for simply asking a question
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by black knight25)
you are full of **** you retard
Go away. This is for adults not children like you
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree but why go Anon? Stand by what you write mate.
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Compared to the number of rapists going without convictions, the number of false accusations is minuscule. Of course they gotta stop, but you’re making it seem like every guy is falsely accused
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Report 1 month ago
She was asking for advice. She wasn’t accusing anyone of rape as far as I’m concerned. Get a grip and let people be.
roronoa1zoro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Well a couple of my friends got accused of rape recently but they got cleared but I seem to have heard a lot more of it happening lately , not sure if it is a coincidence
Yeah, i got word about a boy i used to know back in London was falsely accused of rape by this girl who had a boyfriend and slept with him a party. To save face or avoid breaking up with her current bf she accused him of rape. Apparently from what i have heard, she went back on her words and he got off
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Define "false". Pernicious fabrication, or simply a tragic miscommunication? Legitimately baseless, or merely impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt?
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by roronoa1zoro)
Yeah, i got word about a boy i used to know back in London was falsely accused of rape by this girl who had a boyfriend and slept with him a party. To save face or avoid breaking up with her current bf she accused him of rape. Apparently from what i have heard, she went back on her words and he got off
Aye same thing here the girls in question dropped it so it never went far but the problem is the guy is always tarnished after
username1562597
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
this is peek tsr

for all you know that anon girl could be a troll
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
64 were prosecuted for rape (as an umbrella term) in 2018 actually
Halabaluza is making the point that in England and Wales, rape has a very specific definition that involves penetration by penis (as per the SOA 2003):

Rape

(1)A person (A) commits an offence if—

(a)he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis,

(b)B does not consent to the penetration, and

(c)A does not reasonably believe that B consents.

So those 64 women were not prosecuted for 'rape' as it is defined in English and Welsh law
----_----
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)
So those 64 women were not prosecuted for 'rape' as it is defined in English and Welsh law
they were prosecuted for rape as an umbrella term as I stated so this includes conspirimg to rape and assault by penetration. so it doesnt count women forcing men to have vaginal sex but does count women using objects to penetrate someone without consent.

I disagree with the laws surrounding female rapists too but if you're being pedantic technically there have been some that have been prosecuted, it's just not for what you may have expected
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they were prosecuted for rape as an umbrella term as I stated so this includes conspirimg to rape and assault by penetration. so it doesnt count women forcing men to have vaginal sex but does count women using objects to penetrate someone without consent.

I disagree with the laws surrounding female rapists too but if you're being pedantic technically there have been some that have been prosecuted, it's just not for what you may have expected
'Umbrella term'? The law does not deal with 'umbrella terms'. Are you using the Channel 4 website? I notice that it lumps all three offences together for convenience, but the point stills stands that Halabaluza is right: conspiracy to rape is not equivalent to rape. Assault by penetration is not, by matter of definition, equivalent to rape. I understand the point you are making, but this is not 'pedantic', it is simple fact. thus no women have been prosecuted for rape, indeed they lack the physical capability to do so (well...)
Last edited by gjd800; 1 month ago
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aaryra)
Compared to the number of rapists going without convictions, the number of false accusations is minuscule. Of course they gotta stop, but you’re making it seem like every guy is falsely accused
Which isn’t an apples to apples comparison at any rate. You’re comparing the number of PROVEN false accusations to the total number of ALLEGATIONS (proven or not) of rape and making the assumption that they’re all true.

Fact is we don’t know what percentage of rape accusations are false. We know that rape, as a difficult to prove crime, has a low conviction rate. We know that a small percentage of accusations result in a conviction of rape. We also know that a(n admittedly) small(er) percentage of accusations are proven as false.

The trouble is that it’s not really possible to easily assign the chunk of accusations that are not proven either way (either they don’t result in a rape conviction or they don’t result in a false accusation being proven). When people make the claim that false accusations are rare they make the assumption that all of the accusations that aren’t proven either way are in fact rapes, which makes no sense. Some of them will be rapes, some of them will be false accusations.

To summarise, it doesn’t really seem that possible or credible to make the claim that false accusations are rare because ... we don;’t know how many there are. We’ve no idea how many of the accusations that fail to result in a conviction are false (other than those that are proven).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (173)
27.2%
Not great so far... (227)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed