“Average salary for university graduates is.....” Watch

jackrey_nolds
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Ok so I’ve seen this in a lot of places and it’s got me thinking. Many people say that after you get your degree you’re only going to be paid x amount of money and someone who didn’t get a degree/ go to university earned the same amount of money. Is university a waste of money? Are apprenticeships more worth it? Also, does this statement entirely depend on the type of degree you get? If you get a good degree could you go straight into a high paying job? Which jobs require a degree and which don’t? My mind is full of questions !
S.carter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jackrey_nolds)
Ok so I’ve seen this in a lot of places and it’s got me thinking. Many people say that after you get your degree you’re only going to be paid x amount of money and someone who didn’t get a degree/ go to university earned the same amount of money. Is university a waste of money? Are apprenticeships more worth it? Also, does this statement entirely depend on the type of degree you get? If you get a good degree could you go straight into a high paying job? Which jobs require a degree and which don’t? My mind is full of questions !
All of this depends on a lot of factors there’s no one right answer
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What sort of career are you interested in?

Your post is far too general. No one is going to go through every single job available in the UK and tell you whether it needs a degree or not.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://assets.publishing.service.go...237.1546434212 has high level details
jackrey_nolds
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=JohanGRK;84979214]What sort of career are you interested in?

Your post is far too general. No one is going to go through every single job available in the UK and tell you whether it needs a degree or not.

I have a few career options. Optometry, pharmacy, chemical engineering
jackrey_nolds
Rep:
?
I’m also seeing stuff online like this conventional route to finding a job (degree) doesn’t actually lead to employment. How accurate is this? If I get a good sound degree in a good area will I struggle to find a job?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (204)
23.5%
Pop (214)
24.65%
Jazz (33)
3.8%
Classical (48)
5.53%
Hip-Hop (167)
19.24%