The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akeloz
Being a doctor is hard. Going through med school is hard. If you don’t have the passion for it I can only imagine how painful it is for you. And I know how you feel. My parents (especially my mother) really want me to go into medicine and literally looks down upon any other career choice. I have a passion for politics and international relations and that’s what I want to do for Uni and for the rest of my life but trying to convince them is impossible, so I say sod it. Why bother?

At the end of the day it’s you who is living your life. Remember that. It’s not your parents having to go to and sit through these lectures you really couldn’t care for. It’s not your parents who are going to have to study something for 5 years that doesn’t bring them joy. It’s not your parents who will have to practice for the next 30 odd years while dreaming of flying. It’s you. So do what YOU want to do.

Let passion be your guide. Not your parents expectations.

I hope you find happiness and end up doing something that makes you content, happy and excited.

Sending love your way

Good luck

You summarised everything so well in this post

''Let passion be your guide. Not your parents expectations.'' I always felt guilty for trying to follow my passion, however I have realised that the mindset I was brought up with isn't a good one. It's only in recent years that I've actually understood how disturbing my parent's influence and control has been.

thank you all for everything :smile:
Please be a pilot. Your parents will forgive you when they realize their mistake and see you happy.
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending