laurar13
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!

I am an American student studying biochemistry at a UK uni. I want to go to a UK medical school but up until now was planning to go back to America so I have been preparing for the MCAT. Does anyone know how different the prep is between the MCAT and GAMSAT? Also I am not quite sure which UK entrance exam I should take, I want to go into a graduate entry program, but as I am only eligible for a few (bc I'm international) I know I should also consider 5 year programs.

Also I am concerned about the written communication and humanities reasoning. On the GAMSAT website it suggests reading poems and novels to prepare for those sections, but that does not seem right to me... Any advice?

Thanks!!!
EnglishStudent:)
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Bump
jzdzm
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Afaik the mcat is more knowledge based whereas the gamsat is more reasoning based. I think S1 / humanities section is quite similar though? Not familiar with mcat so not sure. Have a read of the gamsat threads on here and that will give you an idea.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (23)
71.88%
No (7)
21.88%
I didn't use it to prepare (2)
6.25%

Watched Threads