peterajuchi12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Please I need help ASAP. Can I go to Uni if I have only done 1st year of BTEC Level 3 90 credit and I have my Maths and English GCSEs?
teilchen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by peterajuchi12)
Please I need help ASAP. Can I go to Uni if I have only done 1st year of BTEC Level 3 90 credit and I have my Maths and English GCSEs?
How many ucas points is it (which will depend on what grade you got) but generally no you need 3 qualifications be that btec a-level or another diploma (like qualified beauty technician) and that’s to get into unis that are bottom of the league tables generally you would need three Btecs at a good level to get into a mid range uni probably to get into a top one you would need a-levels or maybe like three distinctions in very specific btecs
peterajuchi12
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilybond:))
How many ucas points is it (which will depend on what grade you got) but generally no you need 3 qualifications be that btec a-level or another diploma (like qualified beauty technician) and that’s to get into unis that are bottom of the league tables generally you would need three Btecs at a good level to get into a mid range uni probably to get into a top one you would need a-levels or maybe like three distinctions in very specific btecs
I overall grade is a DM (160 Ucas points). I have applied through Clearing and Lodon Metropolitan gave me an offer. But because I have not finished my entirely finished my BTEC, the paper i have is unacceptable for the UNI. How can I get an acceptable result proof?
teilchen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I overall grade is a DM (160 Ucas points). I have applied through Clearing and Lodon Metropolitan gave me an offer. But because I have not finished my entirely finished my BTEC, the paper i have is unacceptable for the UNI. How can I get an acceptable result proof?
You need to have a result - to have proof of a result so you won’t get in until you have completed it so you would probably have to reapply next year unless you’re getting your result like within the next week
peterajuchi12
Rep:
?
You need to have a result - to have proof of a result so you won’t get in until you have completed it so you would probably have to reapply next year unless you’re getting your result like within the next week
What do you mean I am getting my results within the next week?
teilchen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you mean I am getting my results within the next week?
As in like will you complete the course and get an official result before the uni course starts - you need to have 100% completed the course to get a real grade to prove to unis you’ve completed the course and got a certain grade - I’m not sure how you have a grade if you haven’t completed the course - wasn’t btec results day a few weeks ago I’m confused
Last edited by teilchen; 1 year ago
peterajuchi12
Rep:
?
My

As in like will you complete the course and get an official result before the uni course starts - you need to have 100% completed the course to get a real grade to prove to unis you’ve completed the course and got a certain grade - I’m not sure how you have a grade if you haven’t completed the course - wasn’t btec results day a few weeks ago I’m confused
My college said I cannot get certificate until finishing the entire course. But they gave me a proof (sign by the exams officer). But that proof is not enough because it doenst show the award date, the overall result (I had to calculate it myself), the issue date, etc
teilchen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My

My college said I cannot get certificate until finishing the entire course. But they gave me a proof (sign by the exams officer). But that proof is not enough because it doenst show the award date, the overall result (I had to calculate it myself), the issue date, etc
Yeah well then I think you need to wait till you have the certificate or ring up the uni and ask why your current proof isn’t enough - that’s really annoying you should have got a full result and proper proof on results day that would have been sent to your uni so I would check 100% that they can’t give you the actual thing but if it’s true you haven’t actually finished the course then you would need to 100% have finished the course to go to uni and that will be the issue
peterajuchi12
Rep:
?
Yeah well then I think you need to wait till you have the certificate or ring up the uni and ask why your current proof isn’t enough - that’s really annoying you should have got a full result and proper proof on results day that would have been sent to your uni so I would check 100% that they can’t give you the actual thing but if it’s true you haven’t actually finished the course then you would need to 100% have finished the course to go to uni and that will be the issue
aight thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads