Securing a job in law with a 2:2?

Watch this thread
username4882106
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is it possible to secure a training contract with a 2:2 at any law firm?
I had some mitigating circumstances and I’m wondering if it’s still at all possible to get the job
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by w678)
Is it possible to secure a training contract with a 2:2 at any law firm?
I had some mitigating circumstances and I’m wondering if it’s still at all possible to get the job
Depends on luck. contacts, skills, experience and determination plus how flexible you are. Some students do manage it. Try smaller firms and working your way up. Just depends how much you want it, how effectively you make your applications and how determined you are. Be careful about extenuating circumstances, some will be more persuasive than others.
username4882106
Rep:
What do you mean by certain people being more persuasive in terms of extenuating circumstances. Sorry I didn’t quite understand
Amon-ster
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Most important aspect in the law field is contacts you need to know the right people to get far.
username4882106
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
Depends on luck. contacts, skills, experience and determination plus how flexible you are. Some students do manage it. Try smaller firms and working your way up. Just depends how much you want it, how effectively you make your applications and how determined you are. Be careful about extenuating circumstances, some will be more persuasive than others.
By persuasive do you mean they’d be more inclined to push me for answers?
username4882106
Rep:
(Original post by Amon-ster)
Most important aspect in the law field is contacts you need to know the right people to get far.
I agree.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by w678)
By persuasive do you mean they’d be more inclined to push me for answers?
Some people might take your ext circs into account and others wont care a jot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (91)
42.52%
They're exactly what I expected (50)
23.36%