helpmewithschool
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m in year 9 and i feel like I’m falling behind in my class. I don’t want to be top of the class but I’m hoping for 9s in my gcse so I’m starting to revise now.

Can anybody recommend any good textbooks or revision guides? Where can get previous tests? And What’s the best way to revise? Thanks
Asd901
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Best way to revise is doing past exam papers especially for maths if you know the exam board your school will use, personally i wouldn't worry too much about revising yet as you are still in year 9 and have plenty of time left before your exams.
To find maths questions go on the website of the exam board your school uses and there you can find past exams and answers.
moso2203
Badges: 17
Report 2 years ago
Nothing wrong with starting to revising now as long as you don't go overboard. Just do a bit of review over your lessons and revise for end of term tests.

The Oxford AQA textbooks are very helpful. They have all the content you need.

Previous tests can be found on the AQA website. https://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-adminis...d-mark-schemes

The best way to revise, as I said, is to take it easy for now. Revise smartly and not too much.
thrifty_reviser
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by helpmewithschool)
I’m in year 9 and i feel like I’m falling behind in my class. I don’t want to be top of the class but I’m hoping for 9s in my gcse so I’m starting to revise now.

Can anybody recommend any good textbooks or revision guides? Where can get previous tests? And What’s the best way to revise? Thanks
It honestly depends on what subjects you are doing and what exam boards you are doing them with
helpmewithschool
Rep:
?
(Original post by thrifty_reviser)
It honestly depends on what subjects you are doing and what exam boards you are doing them with
Thank you so would you recommend me getting the textbooks for each subject from the exam board . Thanks
helpmewithschool
Rep:
?
(Original post by 99sobi)
Nothing wrong with starting to revising now as long as you don't go overboard. Just do a bit of review over your lessons and revise for end of term tests.

The Oxford AQA textbooks are very helpful. They have all the content you need.

Previous tests can be found on the AQA website. https://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-adminis...d-mark-schemes

The best way to revise, as I said, is to take it easy for now. Revise smartly and not too much.
Thank you
helpmewithschool
Rep:
?
(Original post by Asd901)
Best way to revise is doing past exam papers especially for maths if you know the exam board your school will use, personally i wouldn't worry too much about revising yet as you are still in year 9 and have plenty of time left before your exams.
To find maths questions go on the website of the exam board your school uses and there you can find past exams and answers.
Thank you!
sweatersquig
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
figuring out how you memorise and revise best is important. i get no benefits from notes but learn best when someone else explains things to me or i explain it to them. for memorisation i use cue cards, i type questions and answers, and ask my mum to read the questions to me

exam questions are also great because you figure out what you know and what you’re missing

check out some youtube channels like unjadedjade, she got all A*s at GCSE iirc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads