The Student Room Group

gcse remark

i sent my maths paper off to be remarked a few days ago bc i need a higher grade for me to be able to take maths a level but i was wondering if anyone knows if the remark grade gets sent to me or the school?
Most likely the school, who will then tell you, just like the other GCSEs.
It depends whether you contacted your exam board or the school did, if I think rightly, if you asked for it yourself the board will send it to you privately. If not, the school will receive this and then contact you. (If i'm wrong, please do correct me :smile: )
Which Board and by how many Marks. I was off by 2 for Grade 9 and because of that didnt get my Further Maths Option asked for remark They said to apply next week
Reply 4
edexcel and yeah i was off a 7 by 2 marks aswell but i got my remark back a few days ago now so it’s all good now thanks though :smile:

Original post by hrr123456
Which Board and by how many Marks. I was off by 2 for Grade 9 and because of that didnt get my Further Maths Option asked for remark They said to apply next week
Original post by hinalllx
edexcel and yeah i was off a 7 by 2 marks aswell but i got my remark back a few days ago now so it’s all good now thanks though :smile:

Congrats hope then fit me
Reply 6
Original post by hinalllx

Your grade went up after the remark this year? I haven't heard of one yet so that gives hope they do still change some. Did you know you had extra marks in there that were available or did you chance it? Thanks
What is the purpose of remarks? What would urge someone to have one done? Is it if you think they marked it wrong?
Reply 8
Original post by J0n3zviper
What is the purpose of remarks? What would urge someone to have one done? Is it if you think they marked it wrong?

My daughter was 1 mark off the next grade in Business Studies. She got a 5 and thought she had done better. This was her lowest grade. We got a free print out of her paper as it is free with edexcel and her business teacher happened to be in on results day. She is a senior marker of paper 1 Business and has marked 400 papers this summer. Upon looking at my daughter's paper she instantly found three marks that she felt she should have been given, we have therefore submitted a review of marking for this reason.
Reply 9
no i only went up by one mark so i still have a 6 in maths so i can’t take it still😂 it sucks but i chanced it just incase i could go up which i didn’t lmao
Reply 10
i got my maths remarked bc i was 2 marks away from a 7 and my school requires a 7 in maths to take it. i think that’s the general reason for most people tbh

Quick Reply

Latest