Best supermarkets/ shops that are likely to take on people with no work experience

Watch
Asd673
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I am 16 and I’m starting college in September but I desperately need a job as I’ve only got college 3 days a week, does anyone know of any places that would take on 16 years olds with no work experience? I’ve already applied to Aldi and Primark by the way. Thanks
fefssdf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Mc Donal's and burger king and other supermarkets
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Most of the supermarkets accept people with no experience for normal sales assistant jobs. Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Asda definitely do and they pay very well
Panda9345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I had no luck at all with supermarkets and shops, apart from WHSmith was easy to get an interview for, Costa Coffee too, I ended up getting a job at Burger King for a while and they were so easy to get a job with...having experience in fast food or coffee places seems like the stepping stone for retail giving you more of a chance
AshleyW97
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi there
What 16 year old have any retail experience when applying for any jobs in any retail areas.
I never had any experience yet I worked in the retail industry for over 3 years now, you will get on the job training wherever you go for a job in the retail sector ok.

Good luck
K.Plain12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
One stop, co-op. Smaller stores seem to say in the advert "full training provided"
Good Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (196)
60.31%
No (71)
21.85%
Not sure (58)
17.85%

Watched Threads