miss.eleanora
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm stuck between going full time after uni at my part time job at an opticians or doing a PGCE in art and design which is where my degree lies and what I excel and enjoy. I do however enjoy my job and wonder if anyone has any comments that might help me in my consideration (:
EierVonSatan
Badges: 21
Report 3 weeks ago
You could continue with your job for a bit and then consider teaching later? You don't have to do all your education in one go
tomlam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd take a gap year to gain more perspective, then re-evaluate at the end. What you have to think though is whether the job at the opticians is actually going to lead to great things, or if it will just stay bottom-rung.
airfixfighter
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Something you need to be aware of is the supply/demand of art teachers in the area you want to teach as well. I'm in South Wales and there were around 15 Art & Design trainees at uni and none of them have a permanent job for September because the demand is so low for art teachers. I believe most are planning on supply and some are moving to other areas.
Andyely87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey guys

For those of you that are interested, the English Language Training Centre I'm working at in Beijing is desperate for native English speakers to come and teach kids from 3-13 years of ago.

No teaching experience required. You get free insurance, help with visas and paid a minimum of 23,500rmb per month (around 2,500 pounds per month)

If anyone is interested get in touch

Andy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (200)
24.1%
Pop (206)
24.82%
Jazz (33)
3.98%
Classical (46)
5.54%
Hip-Hop (156)
18.8%