Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
For my uni I bought an official student union pass that includes day and night time activities, though not as many night. However since meeting my flatmates and course mates, a lot of them have bought an unofficial one from a club promotion company for around £40. It seems a lot of these people have bought it due to peer pressure as the promoters have been posing as freshers and making the student union one seem awful and their one sound so popular.

My question is do you think it would be worth spending more money on top to get the unofficial pass as I don’t want to feel left out in freshers especially if my flat mates are doing the other one.
I have thought about buying some club events I want to go to on the door but don’t want to take the risk they won’t sell.

Thanks for any help!
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, I would definitely avoid any unofficial “freshers” things from third party companies. You’ll hear this in many freshers advice videos on you tube, don’t conform to peer pressure and don’t buy anything third party or unofficial. The events are mostly likely a scam, if not super unorganised and potentially dangerous. Avoid them.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Deggs_14)
No, I would definitely avoid any unofficial “freshers” things from third party companies. You’ll hear this in many freshers advice videos on you tube, don’t conform to peer pressure and don’t buy anything third party or unofficial. The events are mostly likely a scam, if not super unorganised and potentially dangerous. Avoid them.
Thank you so much- all I’m worried about is that my flat mates will be going to them and I’ll be left out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (99)
24.26%
No (309)
75.74%

Watched Threads