The Student Room Group

Qufaro Cyber EPQ

Is there anyone on here that has done this? Is it worth it? Is it quite hard to keep up with?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by jduxie4414
Is there anyone on here that has done this? Is it worth it? Is it quite hard to keep up with?

The Bletchley Park Qufaro is accredited with City and Guilds and was designed by a consortium of Education and Cyber Professionals to bridge the gap between GCSE and University Entrance level in Cyber.

The course is also aligned with the National Occupational Standards in Information Security (NOS), the skills and knowledge frameworks of the Cyber Security Body of Knowledge (CyBOK) as well as the Chartered Institute of Information Security (CIISec). The Cyber EPQ is worth up to 28 UCAS points and is the equivalent of half an A'Level. You may do the course as a school-based learner and independent learner as well as a home-schooled learner.

The CyberEPQ is delivered online via the dedicated CyberEPQ Moodle. There are 11 modules to work through, from which students are expected to develop an element for their 5,000 word essay. An average of four hours a week is recommended. Once you have completed the modules you will then focus on the project for which you must also evidence your time and project management as with other EPQ's.

There is also advice and guidance available on the Moodle in the form of a Handbook, and in the Project Writing Assistance area among which there is an Exemplar Project and Past Project Titles available.

Aside from developing your cyber knowledge and your independent study skills, you will also benefit from networking opportunities at Graduation as well as having the chance to discuss your cyber interest with your fellow cyber peers and cyber experts on the Moodle in the Discussion Forums.

Once you have finished your project, you will receive your City and Guilds EPQ certificate, The Bletchley Park Qufaro CyberEPQ Certificate of Completion which highlights the Cyber modules you have completed and should you gain a Grade B or higher you will be rewarded with CIISec membership.

Last year, Qufaro's sponsors Deloitte awarded five of the best essays with a prize. Deloitte were very impressed with the high level of the Graduates' work. CyberEPQ Graduates have also been snatched up by both government and business for apprenticeships. Check out the website for testimonials and more info.
Reply 3
Original post by Julia Humphries
The Bletchley Park Qufaro is accredited with City and Guilds and was designed by a consortium of Education and Cyber Professionals to bridge the gap between GCSE and University Entrance level in Cyber.

The course is also aligned with the National Occupational Standards in Information Security (NOS), the skills and knowledge frameworks of the Cyber Security Body of Knowledge (CyBOK) as well as the Chartered Institute of Information Security (CIISec). The Cyber EPQ is worth up to 28 UCAS points and is the equivalent of half an A'Level. You may do the course as a school-based learner and independent learner as well as a home-schooled learner.

The CyberEPQ is delivered online via the dedicated CyberEPQ Moodle. There are 11 modules to work through, from which students are expected to develop an element for their 5,000 word essay. An average of four hours a week is recommended. Once you have completed the modules you will then focus on the project for which you must also evidence your time and project management as with other EPQ's.

There is also advice and guidance available on the Moodle in the form of a Handbook, and in the Project Writing Assistance area among which there is an Exemplar Project and Past Project Titles available.

Aside from developing your cyber knowledge and your independent study skills, you will also benefit from networking opportunities at Graduation as well as having the chance to discuss your cyber interest with your fellow cyber peers and cyber experts on the Moodle in the Discussion Forums.

Once you have finished your project, you will receive your City and Guilds EPQ certificate, The Bletchley Park Qufaro CyberEPQ Certificate of Completion which highlights the Cyber modules you have completed and should you gain a Grade B or higher you will be rewarded with CIISec membership.

Last year, Qufaro's sponsors Deloitte awarded five of the best essays with a prize. Deloitte were very impressed with the high level of the Graduates' work. CyberEPQ Graduates have also been snatched up by both government and business for apprenticeships. Check out the website for testimonials and more info.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I have enrolled with my teacher (around Mid October) and have just started module 3. Will I be disadvantaged as I started a little later than everyone else? Do you think I’d be able to complete the modules in time as I assume each module will take around 4 hours (as a module a week)?

Am I right to be taking notes just so I can refer back to these if a section proves useful for my project?

What were the grade boundaries last year for an A*, A and B? I would like to do well so thst it doesn’t impact my A’Levels but I assume that will be quite hard as many projects will score well? I want to go into a Computer Science degree so I think the EPQ will show my passion for the subject. What sort of research would you recommend?

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest