Lied on a CV + fake job references from a real workplace - questions. Watch

yelena199333
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey guys. Long story short - I lied on my cv. The company I put as my referee is willing to give me fake references and confirm my work experience with them. It's a small company located in a foreign country and they know me well. However, the company that offered me a job in the UK is a huge corporation and is going to run a background check. The thing is that I actually worked in a warehouse in the UK during that particular time that is stated on my cv as a work experience in the abroad company. That's why I lied and ommited it because having such experience usually disqualifies me from any office jobs. I went to the uni afterwards and then worked for the company where I actually gained all the relevant experience for the position I've applied for now. What I am wondering is: 1) if they are able to find out that I worked for that warehouse company at that time, even though I never listed it as my job? Do they have any databases allowing them to find out such info? 2) If somehow they do find out, can they contact that company without my permission? 3) If the abroad company will actually provide the fake references for me but then it turns out it's a lie, can they face any legal consequences?

Please guys, don't tell me I shouldn't have lied, that's not what I'm looking for. I just want to get answers to the above questions from somebody who has some knowledge about it. I know I'm risking a lot but I simply don't want to hurt the abroad company and if there's a possibility of such thing to happen, I'm going to withdraw my application immediately.

Many thanks for any information!
epicnm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What YOU are committing is application fraud. You’re lying on your CV to get a job. The company that knowingly assists you with a reference with knowledge that you would be lying are therefore complicit in your crime. So yes they would have the possibility to face charges as an accomplice to the crime your committing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (135)
48.21%
No (37)
13.21%
I'm not old enough (108)
38.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed