The Student Room Group

Struggling to get place for physiotherapy degree..

Hi..(M very new to all this.)

Been working with Physiotherapy team from last 8 years and dream is now to become Physiotherapist myself. I ll'be mature student, and previously studied in india
Each year universities ask for diff qualification requirement.Its SOOO disappointing. First they asked Access Course, I completed that and applied then they asked for Math and English Gcse. I achieved English but failed Math 😢. Feel so de-motivated.
Is anyone else who feel so let down by Stupid system and people at the university gateway really know what are they talking about 🤔🤔☹☹
Reply 1
For any healthcare related degree, you need access course (or other A level equivalent) AND GCSEs in Maths and English. Unfortunately, this doesn't sound like the system failing you, rather gateway people assuming you have the equivalent to UK GCSEs.
Keep trying for your GCSE maths. I understand that failing feels pretty rubbish, but you need to keep working at it and trying if you really want to do physiotherapy at uni.
Good luck with it.
Reply 2
Thanks @Emily_B
Reply 3
Ye unfortunately GCSE in maths and English is a main requirement by almost all the universities.
I'm surprised you was allowed to do your access course without it.

An alternative could be a functional skills in maths, I know some universities accept this.
Reply 4
Thanks Adam, yes excatly my point. However, They did take a test of basic math and english before i could entol on to Access. Its really disappointing year after year, not getting to start studying Physio

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending