Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I know the following does:
Machester
Leeds

any others?

Also has anyone here studied dentistry with poor GCSE's but good A-levels?
As my GCSE's are 1 A*, 2 A's, 5 B's 4 C's
however one of the C's will be turning into an A* this time next year.

My A-levels will be A*AA hopefully. I will work my socks off..
I am doing club work at the moment for leadership skills and taking upon basketball etc also doing work experience starting from next week so by the time I have my interview I will have 2 years worth.

Advice/any stories of yourself?
I will not give up so if anyone puts me down please take it somewhere else.
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
?
(Original post by ltsmith)
no dental schools accept weebs

sorry
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
?
bumppppp
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
There are dental schools that don't accept adults?! :eek:
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
There are dental schools that don't accept adults?! :eek:
Yes from what I have researched it says they do not accept people who have taken resits/gap years for some of them..
But I am contacting Universities as I am desperate to study dentistry in 2 years time, hence why I am taken A-levels etc.

Are you applying to dentistry too?
Eveliyin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Try looking at unis that put less emphasis on GCSE grades (eg not KCL) but generally they do not allow resits. A level resits are accepted in some unis given that the first sitting was ABB (eg Birmingham, Manchester etc.).

Some unis are more keen on work experience and UCAT than others, try asking admissions on open days.

Good luck!
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eveliyin)
Try looking at unis that put less emphasis on GCSE grades (eg not KCL) but generally they do not allow resits. A level resits are accepted in some unis given that the first sitting was ABB (eg Birmingham, Manchester etc.).

Some unis are more keen on work experience and UCAT than others, try asking admissions on open days.

Good luck!
Would you be able to tell me the Unis that are more keen on work experience and the UCAT please. I have spent hours looking for those ones but for some reason I am not able to search for those.
Also for Birmingham and Manchester does it count for me to apply to them as I have never done Biology A-level or Chemistry so it's my first time?
Will I be able to apply to them?
Thank you so much for your response also appreciated! Repped
Eveliyin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The best option regarding knowing what the uni wants is to contact them directly either by email, on the phone or open days. As some change their requirements for year on year.

I called most unis’ application office and they are generally very helpful and open to questions. Do remember to make a chart or worksheet to keep a record of what they want when you call.

But I do know for BHAM and MANU they are not very keen on a level resits. As long as you haven’t done any a-levels before and the bio/chem is taken within two years it would not be counted as resit, hence eligible for application.

To my knowledge some unis use GCSE grades eg maths and English at C/4 or above as a tick list rather than ranking the candidates. Again, confirm with the unis by asking directly, information on the website can be very misleading.
RoadtoSuccess
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eveliyin)
The best option regarding knowing what the uni wants is to contact them directly either by email, on the phone or open days. As some change their requirements for year on year.

I called most unis’ application office and they are generally very helpful and open to questions. Do remember to make a chart or worksheet to keep a record of what they want when you call.

But I do know for BHAM and MANU they are not very keen on a level resits. As long as you haven’t done any a-levels before and the bio/chem is taken within two years it would not be counted as resit, hence eligible for application.

To my knowledge some unis use GCSE grades eg maths and English at C/4 or above as a tick list rather than ranking the candidates. Again, confirm with the unis by asking directly, information on the website can be very misleading.
Thank you so much I will start contacting them!
Which University did you go to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)