Have I made a mistake joining directly into third year of university for engineering? Watch

randomer222
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So basically I was lucky to achieve a HND in electrical engineering, this basically means I had the option to join directly into year 3 of university, however, as the date for starting gets closer, I'm having some doubts. Firstly, my college (where I got my HND) classed full time education as three days per week max. This basically meant I breezed through my courses as I had tonnes of free time to study.
Also third year of university is arguably the most difficult year for engineers, as I've been told the jump between 2nd and 3rd year is pretty big for students who joined at level 1, so for a new applicant it's even worse.

I'm currently at a summer school for 2 weeks to try and get used to the university life, but I can't help but feel like I don't deserve to be here, and that I'm not smart enough/ not ready for this. Any advice?? Cheers
randomer222
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Oh right awesome, thanks, just wasn't sure because I don't know too many people doing this haha
username4378620
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Second year was by far harder than third year for me. I had lots of free time in third year. Just stay on top of lectures and do a project/dissertation that genuinely interests you.

Source: first class mech eng grad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?