Theo123456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm entering Year 11 and haven't done any revision whatsoever this summer holiday. I received a few 7's, two 8s (both in English) and the rest were a mix between 5s and 6's with two 4s (French and Citizenshi-which I'm very worried about). Any help?
lostinalabyrinth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it’s fine.

just start revising in september...

summer holidays were supposed to give you a break from school
Last edited by lostinalabyrinth; 1 month ago
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s still totally fixable. Just make sure you have good attendance this year, do all the homework and go to any support sessions that teachers organise.
Travv
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn’t start revising properly until November and got straight 8s and 9s, just make sure that when you start revising you’re working hard and you’ll be completely fine, those grades aren’t a bad start to build on and will definitely go up.
emilyfields101
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Theo123456)
I'm entering Year 11 and haven't done any revision whatsoever this summer holiday. I received a few 7's, two 8s (both in English) and the rest were a mix between 5s and 6's with two 4s (French and Citizenshi-which I'm very worried about). Any help?
Seriously it’s fine. I started revising over Easter and I got all 8/9’s. you will be fine!
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,

You don't have to start revising in the summer holidays. Once September comes, even an hour a day is a good start to revision. (As long as its productive!) Have you decided / worked out what your main strategies are at revising and recalling information? This will defiantly make it easier for you once you start revising.

Don't burn yourself out when you do start, spread out your work! and create a revision timetable that does include breaks. Good luck!
Theo123456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hello,

You don't have to start revising in the summer holidays. Once September comes, even an hour a day is a good start to revision. (As long as its productive!) Have you decided / worked out what your main strategies are at revising and recalling information? This will defiantly make it easier for you once you start revising.

Don't burn yourself out when you do start, spread out your work! and create a revision timetable that does include breaks. Good luck!
Not really, the problem is, there's so much potentially helpful information available on the internet for revision that I don't know where to start.

Also thanks for the replies.
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Theo123456)
Not really, the problem is, there's so much potentially helpful information available on the internet for revision that I don't know where to start.

Also thanks for the replies.
The main ones I used was: Seneca; Bitesize; quizlet; and maths genie. They were extremely helpful for all my studies. If you’re struggling with finding useful online sources, you could just use your revision books perhaps?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (99)
24.26%
No (309)
75.74%

Watched Threads