going to uni should I end it with my bf?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
im confused im off to uni long way from my bf and I feel kinda trapped if I go there in a relationship while most of my friends are going single having already broken up, I have talked to him but he insists we should make a go of it even though it will be nearly impossible as neither of us drive and it will cost a fortune to see each other, help should I just end it?
Crazycatladyy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im confused im off to uni long way from my bf and I feel kinda trapped if I go there in a relationship while most of my friends are going single having already broken up, I have talked to him but he insists we should make a go of it even though it will be nearly impossible as neither of us drive and it will cost a fortune to see each other, help should I just end it?
I think whether you do or don't end it is entirely dependant on how confident you feel that your relationship is strong enough to make it through long distance, and how much you want to make it work with him. If you feel that the bond between you two is strong enough to make it through, then that kind of relationship can last any distance, but equally, if you feel that you would feel happier and more free going into university single, then maybe that is the right decision for you.

I wish you all the best in working this out! xx
Imykhan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is it cod you feel that being single won’t get classed as cheating, good idea
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You have to really want to be together if you’re in a long distance relationship and you don’t. Move on.
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Long distance relationships don't work out, I've seen it on TSR a lot. Big up, just cut it off now and save the hassle of hurting his as well as your feelings.
MorbidThumbs
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds like you want to end it anyway. You want to go to uni and have fun. Just admit it to yourself, end it and go there with your moral compass intact. May seem like I am being blunt and harsh, but it's infinitely better than going and cheating on him.
TheMadNerd93
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why would you want to end it? No critical reason is apparent to me.

Long-distance relationships are still valid as long as both ends are taking their bond seriously even while absent from each other.

You also said he's insisting on carrying on with the relationship; I can sense his loyality, and you would not feel "trapped" if you sincerely love and care about him.
Ilovebeef19
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
See....if you truly were committed to wanting to be in a relationship with him. You wouldn't even be giving the thought to breaking up regardless of how far the uni is. I get that being apart from someone is hard but that is what puts the relationship to the test. And yeah, if the distance does become a problem, then yes the relationship is not to be.
MWills99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm going into 3rd year at uni and all the people in long-distance relationships I know from 1st year have broken up and got with someone at uni. You both have to be really committed to make it work and it seems like you're not
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
Long distance relationships don't work out, I've seen it on TSR a lot. Big up, just cut it off now and save the hassle of hurting his as well as your feelings.
I have a few friends who are now married to their pre-uni boy/girlfriends - you can't generalise.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Me and my girlfriend are long distance. You can make it work. Try looking into megabuses as they’re cheap and can easily be booked. Distance is hard but it means you’re in a relationship because you WANT that and not jus out of the convenience of being close together. It lets you build trust and can make you value each other even more
brian931
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The fact that you are wondering this means you should.
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
I have a few friends who are now married to their pre-uni boy/girlfriends - you can't generalise.
True you can't really generalise, but in her case I was under the impression she's already lost feelings for the lad seeing how she's thinking about going single anyway cuz of uni.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
If you want to smash other guys in uni then break up with him. You don't seem very keen on the idea so you might as well end it.
Flexchm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You obviously don’t love him, if u do u won’t be even posting this question here. If you love him you’ll stay with him no matter
Gilles2222
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We all just assumed we could not keep the teenage relationships of high school in high school, as we diaspora'd out in a multitude of directions to our uni placements. Even with relatively close unis. So that was our high school attitude ~ everybody became a ****buddy we just said cheerio to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (81)
38.21%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.85%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
24.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (26)
12.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed