bf doesnt like im a bit hairy down there and dont shave Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so for the first time my bf saw me naked and we were gonna have sex but he said he couldn't do because I had pubic hair down there, I mean its not stupidly hairy but I do have a bush and he said unless I shave it he cant see a future for us which has made me feel down because don't wanna shave or wax it as I know it will hurt and be itchy as hell, advice?
officialmay
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wait so you literally don’t shave... honey that ain’t good + unhygienic. It won’t be bloody itchy if you get rid of it smh.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I get where your man is coming from if it’s A full on bush but if you’ve just got a little trimmed down hair then there isn’t an issue. As long as it’s not to a point where it’s poking out your knickers and isn’t hygienic I see no issue! But it doesn’t get that itchy if you do it the right way x
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I never thought relationships could be based on bushes. And not the type with leaves (or atleast I’m hoping so)
Gradebaker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This boy clearly doesn’t respect you enough to get over silly aesthetic issues and obviously isn’t worth your time. Literally no one (especially a romantic partner) should ever ask you to change any aspect of yourself, and if they do they’re sadly not worth your time. You deserve someone who’ll love and want to be with you regardless of your pubic hair (there will definitely be someone out there like this!) so you should consider ending it, in my opinion, unless he is willing to overlook this?
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so for the first time my bf saw me naked and we were gonna have sex but he said he couldn't do because I had pubic hair down there, I mean its not stupidly hairy but I do have a bush and he said unless I shave it he cant see a future for us which has made me feel down because don't wanna shave or wax it as I know it will hurt and be itchy as hell, advice?
Best option is to just trim it down if your that worried, but like the other geezer said it's hella disrespectful for you boyfriend just to say that and stop the action. I wouldn't consider a happy future with a demanding person as being possible, just dump the lad.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Sounds immature I wax but I’ve had sex with guys when I’ve gotten lazy and had hair and I am a very hairy person and they haven’t cared. It hasn’t been a bush but trimmed it was trimmed. Maybe trim it with scissors. If he demands that you shave or wax to have sex he isn’t the guy for you and just sounds sexually inexperienced/immature
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
Don't shave. It will itch and you'll probably get a shaving rash. It's not unhygienic to have public hair. If you want to trim then you should trim but don't do it for any man, it's normal to have a bush, totally natural. You're bf is disrespectful and you deserve better than that.
username4889668
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just to say it shouldn’t itch but anyway.

If you don’t want to tell him to go do one.
Anonymous #6
Report 1 month ago
Shave that sh*t of wtf. Your bf is right I would do the same.
kpwxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If he "can't see a future" because you have pubes then it's not worth worrying about having "a future" with him.

Don't get me wrong... people can discuss material things if they want, in a respectful way. They can express preferences. But not only did the way/time he said this to you show a huge disregard for your wellbeing, it also implies he is only concerned about the physical aspect of your relationship.

Also, most women naturally have pubes. That's biology. Many women had sex successfully for many thousands of years, with pubes. Only in the last 40 or so have some people been removing them... there are plenty of potential partners out there who don't care whatsoever and will also treat you with more decency than this guy.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd dump him, he seems really shallow
Halabaluza
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gradebaker)
This boy clearly doesn’t respect you enough to get over silly aesthetic issues and obviously isn’t worth your time. Literally no one (especially a romantic partner) should ever ask you to change any aspect of yourself, and if they do they’re sadly not worth your time. You deserve someone who’ll love and want to be with you regardless of your pubic hair (there will definitely be someone out there like this!) so you should consider ending it, in my opinion, unless he is willing to overlook this?
This is such BS!!!
RomNoob
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bartonharrymcfc)
I probably wont come across well here but here goes I met my GF about a month ago she and I hit it off anyway after a couple of dates we done it however I was surprised to see that she has a lot of pubic hair it's the first time I've seen hair down there all the girls I've been with are fully shaved it's of course a personal thing and not a problem but is this common like I said not being mean just not sure it's that common
Are you this guy's girlfriend? lol
Gradebaker
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Halabaluza)
This is such BS!!!
How so? Please elaborate
Halabaluza
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How so? Please elaborate
She should shave off that ish if she wants to make her man happy! A hairy mush is a huge turn off.:yucky:

I hate when girls say "oh she deserves so much better than you"":blah:. That's BS, they wouldn't date the dude if he had crooked teeth or acne like tomato pizza! Hypocrites.

I dated a girl with hairy arms. And straight up and down I told her to shave it off.
Nicole C
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I shave it completely bare and I would expect the guy to shave down there also
Gradebaker
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Halabaluza)
She should shave off that ish if she wants to make her man happy! A hairy mush is a huge turn off.:yucky:

I hate when girls say "oh she deserves so much better than you"":blah:. That's BS, they wouldn't date the dude if he had crooked teeth or acne like tomato pizza! Hypocrites.

I dated a girl with hairy arms. And straight up and down I told her to shave it off.
Why should she change herself for her ‘man’ please? If she wanted him to get circumcised, should he do it, to make her happy? I think not.

When people say ‘you deserve better’ I’ve generally found it’s in relation to personality actually. In this case, no one is basing their opinions on what op or op’s partner looks like, so I don’t understand you bringing up the acne or teeth here. She deserves better, meaning a guy that will take her for what she is. That’s a fair comment to make based on all the information given in the post.

I hope the girl you dated had more sense than to shave her arms for you, and since dated is past tense I’ll presume she got a lucky escape...
Halabaluza
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why should she change herself for her ‘man’ please? If she wanted him to get circumcised, should he do it, to make her happy? I think not.

When people say ‘you deserve better’ I’ve generally found it’s in relation to personality actually. In this case, no one is basing their opinions on what op or op’s partner looks like, so I don’t understand you bringing up the acne or teeth here. She deserves better, meaning a guy that will take her for what she is. That’s a fair comment to make based on all the information given in the post.

I hope the girl you dated had more sense than to shave her arms for you, and since dated is past tense I’ll presume she got a lucky escape...
You are being extreme circumcision is different to shaving. And if she loved her man she will do what it takes to make him happy.

No, I see it all the time on here aimed towards appearance and it's always the same nonsense of "she deserves better", "you are an ar*ehole" and it just gets tedious. You don't get it. My comparision is not based on this thread alone, it's to highlight the constant hypocrisy among feminist who expect their man to live up to a certain aesthetic standard yet are always raging when a man points out a flaw in their appearance.

Well she shaved it off because she wanted to please me. Which is what a good girlfriend should do.:closedeyes:
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lol he sounds like a bit of a fanny (no pun intended)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads