The Student Room Group

Remark success stories?

I did IGCSE Edexcel french and I got a 7. I was 1 mark off an 8 and I’ve put in my speaking exam and my reading and writing to be remarked. Has anyone had any experiences with this? Did your grade go up/down and how long did it take?
I’m also having my English language (AQA) paper remarked but I’m nervous as I got 2 marks away from an 8. However if I lose 7 I’ll go down to a 6. For this reason I only put 1 paper in at a time.
For physics I put my paper to be remarked too: this is a long shot I think as I was 4 marks away from a 7 but I just feel desperate for it to go up because the 6 really ruins my string of 7s and 8s
Any remark stories/advice welcome
Thanks everyone!!

Scroll to see replies

I'd say with the french you have a high chance of the grade going up!! they are fairly subjective. physics doesn't have a high chance of going up!!
I sent my a level bio for a remark and i needed one mark for an A and i got it. so it can happen in a science subject:smile: hope this helps
Hi, I had my English language paper remarked at gcse as it was nearing an A* and the school wanted to try & bring it up. It went up about 13 marks I think, which was totally unexpected, to an A*. This also happened with my English lit and lang paper at AS level. English changes quite often with a remark as it’s so subjective
Original post by ullaelfadill
I'd say with the french you have a high chance of the grade going up!! they are fairly subjective. physics doesn't have a high chance of going up!!
I sent my a level bio for a remark and i needed one mark for an A and i got it. so it can happen in a science subject:smile: hope this helps

Congrats on your A!! That’s amazing. How did you find A level biology? as I’m planning to take it too :smile:
Original post by Gradebaker
Hi, I had my English language paper remarked at gcse as it was nearing an A* and the school wanted to try & bring it up. It went up about 13 marks I think, which was totally unexpected, to an A*. This also happened with my English lit and lang paper at AS level. English changes quite often with a remark as it’s so subjective

Woah that’s incredible!! 13!!!! I’m worried I’ll lose marks as if I lose 8 I’ll end up with a 6 but I think it’ll be fine as I’m only having one paper marked at a time. May I ask how long the results of the remark took? :smile:
Original post by Sunfloweryellow
I did IGCSE Edexcel french and I got a 7. I was 1 mark off an 8 and I’ve put in my speaking exam and my reading and writing to be remarked. Has anyone had any experiences with this? Did your grade go up/down and how long did it take?
I’m also having my English language (AQA) paper remarked but I’m nervous as I got 2 marks away from an 8. However if I lose 7 I’ll go down to a 6. For this reason I only put 1 paper in at a time.
For physics I put my paper to be remarked too: this is a long shot I think as I was 4 marks away from a 7 but I just feel desperate for it to go up because the 6 really ruins my string of 7s and 8s
Any remark stories/advice welcome
Thanks everyone!!

How did you find out how many marks you got in English Language ? my results sheet only told me how many marks I got for non-AQA exam boards
Original post by snazzy viking
How did you find out how many marks you got in English Language ? my results sheet only told me how many marks I got for non-AQA exam boards

I asked my exam officer at school and she had a list of everyone's marks in every subject and also the grade boundaries. However if you were very close to the grade, the subject teachers also had a list of people to talk to who needed remarks. :smile:
Reply 7
Can't seem to see many threads of people getting GCSE reviews and if they've been successful in 2018 or 2019???
Congrats on your A!! That’s amazing. How did you find A level biology? as I’m planning to take it too :smile:

thank you!! :smile: I really struggled with it. there's so much content that I found myself drowning. Just took revising everyday for me to do well!! good luck!! and always revise each bio lesson even if you think it's easy
thank you!! :smile: I really struggled with it. there's so much content that I found myself drowning. Just took revising everyday for me to do well!! good luck!! and always revise each bio lesson even if you think it's easy

Haha thanks for the advice, I’ll deffo follow that as I’ve heard the amount of content is unreal!! Are you going to uni? :smile:
I had my media remarked from a 5 to a 6 and I was off 13 marks so it’s possible
Woah that’s incredible!! 13!!!! I’m worried I’ll lose marks as if I lose 8 I’ll end up with a 6 but I think it’ll be fine as I’m only having one paper marked at a time. May I ask how long the results of the remark took? :smile:

8 marks seems like quite a lot to lose, so hopefully you’ll be safe, or even better it’ll go up! My paper wasn’t submitted for a remark until September as the school had to wait for me to sign & give permission. I think I had the results in October, but if yours has already been submitted you’ll probably hear back in around 2 weeks. Good luck!! :smile:
Haha thanks for the advice, I’ll deffo follow that as I’ve heard the amount of content is unreal!! Are you going to uni? :smile:

yeah i'm going to med school!!:smile:
8 marks seems like quite a lot to lose, so hopefully you’ll be safe, or even better it’ll go up! My paper wasn’t submitted for a remark until September as the school had to wait for me to sign & give permission. I think I had the results in October, but if yours has already been submitted you’ll probably hear back in around 2 weeks. Good luck!! :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
yeah i'm going to med school!!:smile:

Wow thats great!! I want to apply but not sure if my gcses will hold me back. How did you do in yours If you don't mind me asking? :smile:
If you feel that it could go up go for it
(edited 4 years ago)

It took about 10 days
Wow thats great!! I want to apply but not sure if my gcses will hold me back. How did you do in yours If you don't mind me asking? :smile:

I actually did not do GCSE'S!! I came form an American System so I have a different system. What I know is that med schools are more concerned with your A Levels!! Don't stress your GCSE's (as long as they're above 5). In that case you should consider retaking:smile:. I'm rooting for you, you can do it!!!
If you feel that it could go up go for it

I actually did not do GCSE'S!! I came form an American System so I have a different system. What I know is that med schools are more concerned with your A Levels!! Don't stress your GCSE's (as long as they're above 5). In that case you should consider retaking:smile:. I'm rooting for you, you can do it!!!

Ah okay congratulations! Thank you so much, all my grades were 7 and above other than 1 6 (physics😂😭) but I’m just going to work hard for a levels
Ah okay congratulations! Thank you so much, all my grades were 7 and above other than 1 6 (physics😂😭) but I’m just going to work hard for a levels

thank you so much!! these are fantastic grades. good luck :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest