The Student Room Group

Bristol vs Manchester (pls read post)

Now I know that this question has been overly asked but hear me out, mine will be different.
To be fair most of the previous comparison posts made have been in the point of view of someone living in the UK and most of the questions were rather vague.
I'll be more specific.
I'm a Malaysian and I'm studying in college now, expected to enter uni in 2020.
The degree that I've chosen for myself is, Maths and Stats (financial side)
I am aware of the 5 ucas choices that I have and my top 4 are, Oxford, Imperial, LSE and Warwick.
I am having difficulty choosing my 5th to apply for, which is either Bristol or Manchester for me.
Personally, I'm looking for something prestigious, coz well I'm Asian :tongue:
I would say in terms of importance this would be my factor for ranking them,
1. Prestigious
2. Are they good in my course (Maths and Stats)
3. Difficulty of getting into
4. Friendliness of people to foreigners? (students and teachers)
5. Nightlife and social life
6. Living cost

Could anyone help me out and give me insight for me in making the decision?

Edit: I'm taking Double Maths Physics and Econs and I should be getting predicted in A for all at the very least
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by _seannlee_
Now I know that this question has been overly asked but hear me out, mine will be different.
To be fair most of the previous comparison posts made have been in the point of view of someone living in the UK and most of the questions were rather vague.
I'll be more specific.
I'm a Malaysian and I'm studying in college now, expected to enter uni in 2020.
The degree that I've chosen for myself is, Maths and Stats (financial side)
I am aware of the 5 ucas choices that I have and my top 4 are, Oxford, Imperial, LSE and Warwick.
I am having difficulty choosing my 5th to apply for, which is either Bristol or Manchester for me.
Personally, I'm looking for something prestigious, coz well I'm Asian :tongue:
I would say in terms of importance this would be my factor for ranking them,
1. Prestigious
2. Are they good in my course (Maths and Stats)
3. Difficulty of getting into
4. Friendliness of people to foreigners? (students and teachers)
5. Nightlife and social life
6. Living cost

Could anyone help me out and give me insight for me in making the decision?

Manchester literally covers all your requirements. Bristol is an excellent university but Manchester has everything you're looking for (and more). Manchester would also be a very wise choice as a back-up option!

As an aside, have you considered a degree in MORSE?
(edited 4 years ago)
Have you already got your qualifications or will you be getting them next summer?
Reply 3
Original post by Quick-use
Manchester literally covers all your requirements. Bristol is an excellent university but Manchester has everything you're looking for (and more). Manchester would also be a very wise choice as a back-up option!

As an aside, have you considered a degree in MORSE?

I've heard of MORSE but having really thought much about it. Care to share more of what it's about and what's the difference of it and the degree I plan on taking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending