The Student Room Group

Which job should I take?

So I’m taking a year out and resitting my a levels and I had to find a job and I’ve been offered two, both part time.

(I will be tutoring during my part time job as well)

One is specsavers (I’ve worked there before but they’re offering a role in overqualified for)

The other in live innovations which is a marketing agency in central London (I’ve never worked for a marketing agency but they have offered to train me)

Which one do I take?
Reply 1
Original post by Alayna1234
So I’m taking a year out and resitting my a levels and I had to find a job and I’ve been offered two, both part time.

(I will be tutoring during my part time job as well)

One is specsavers (I’ve worked there before but they’re offering a role in overqualified for)

The other in live innovations which is a marketing agency in central London (I’ve never worked for a marketing agency but they have offered to train me)

Which one do I take?

How much will the marketing agency pay you?

How much time do you think you will need in order to revise for your resits, that's the most important thing about this year.

What do you want to do at university?

How far from London do you live?
Reply 2
Original post by sofiuni
How much will the marketing agency pay you?

How much time do you think you will need in order to revise for your resits, that's the most important thing about this year.

What do you want to do at university?

How far from London do you live?

So Specsavers are offering £6.50 for 3 months and then an increase, the pro is that it’s literally a five minute walk from me.

The marketing agency are offering £9.79 but they did say although they wanted someone full time they’re willing to be flexible.

I think I need a good 30-40 hours a week cos I’m aiming to get A*’s

I want to do a bioscience eg pharmacology, biochemistry or biomed

I live in London actually so it’ll take me about 40 minutes to travel to the company
So Specsavers are offering £6.50 for 3 months and then an increase, the pro is that it’s literally a five minute walk from me.

The marketing agency are offering £9.79 but they did say although they wanted someone full time they’re willing to be flexible.

I live in London actually so it’ll take me about 40 minutes to travel to the company

Well I would suggest to go for Specsavers because yo

Well I would suggest to go for Specsavers because you will save money and time by walking to work. If you multiply the total of hours ,you save a lot of time in all this period to study for example.
Also that company wants someone full-time but can be flexible at the moment whatever that means and what would happen if they find someone full-time and/or more experienced ?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
I turned it down because they wanted me to do 24-30 hours which I can’t do :/
Reply 6
Original post by Vibration
Well I would suggest to go for Specsavers because you will save money and time by walking to work. If you multiply the total of hours ,you save a lot of time in all this period to study for example.
Also that company wants someone full-time but can be flexible at the moment whatever that means and what would happen if they find someone full-time and/or more experienced ?

Tru, it would save time but the pay is bad.

Tbh I’m also waiting on a tutoring job near me that pays £10 an hour
Tru, it would save time but the pay is bad.

Tbh I’m also waiting on a tutoring job near me that pays £10 an hour

Yea true, the pay is lower but maybe is possible to compensate with the tutoring jobs which is an advantage in my opinion.
Reply 8
I worked at specsavers and honestly hated it so I would go for the marketing agency (but that’s just my opinion lol :])

Quick Reply

Latest