The Student Room Group

Exemption Course with Foundation year

Does the foundation year count as part of the course? So for example, if you started a nursing course, you’d get full funding from SFE. If however you needed to complete a foundation year, would this be included it would you have to pay the tuition fees for that year yourself?
Original post by Banks8691
Does the foundation year count as part of the course? So for example, if you started a nursing course, you’d get full funding from SFE. If however you needed to complete a foundation year, would this be included it would you have to pay the tuition fees for that year yourself?

Hi,

We would fund your foundation year of that year was an integral part of your course. i.e your course is registered as a 4 year course with a foundation year.

Thanks, Chanel
Reply 2
Okay thanks. Is there anyway to check beforehand? Course name is Applied Social work with Foundation Year.
Okay thanks. Is there anyway to check beforehand? Course name is Applied Social work with Foundation Year.

Hi there,

If you have the name of your university we can have a look on our database to see if we fund this.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 4
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

If you have the name of your university we can have a look on our database to see if we fund this.

Thanks, Erin

No problem. Derby
No problem. Derby

Hi there,

We have the above course on our database meaning it would be funded for finance.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 6
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

We have the above course on our database meaning it would be funded for finance.

Thanks, Erin

Okay thank you. That is 100% is it

Hi,

Yes, that course would also be funded as it has an integral Foundation year.

Regards,
Stuart
Reply 9
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi,

Yes, that course would also be funded as it has an integral Foundation year.

Regards,
Stuart

Thank you so I’d definitely get funding as I don’t have the option of ‘normal’ SFE funding as I’ve used it. If that makes sense
Thank you so I’d definitely get funding as I don’t have the option of ‘normal’ SFE funding as I’ve used it. If that makes sense

Yes, it it's a pre-registration course with an integral Foundation Year it could be funded as a second degree.

Regards,
Stuart
Reply 11
Okay, thank you!
Reply 12
Okay, thank you!

Hi I've spoken to someone else from SFE and they've told me that Social Work isn't an exception course when studied full time and previous study would be take into account?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending